Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here's a nice dual auto card, Clark and McCovey.

2005SweetSpotDualAutoClarkMcCovey2o.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Drew I saw on your site you have a 1995 Score Gold Rush redeemed....what's the story with that card? And do you have a scan of the back?

Thanks

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I believe this might be my favorite Clark card I own, when I stopped collecting this was the card to have. And now eight years later it's still a great design and card.

2000UDMVPGameUsedSouvenirsGlove2.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
ronfromfresno said:
Drew I saw on your site you have a 1995 Score Gold Rush redeemed....what's the story with that card? And do you have a scan of the back?

Thanks

Ron, I'm pretty sure I picked that up from a Beckett Marketplace dealer a year or two ago. (I spent a ton of cash there in the last three years.)

Here's what one Ebay seller has to say about the Gold Rush and Redeemed cards:
Parallel to the basic Score issue, these cards were inserted one per foil pack and two per jumbo pack. The fronts were printed in gold foil and the backs contain the Gold Rush logo. As part of the Gold Rush program, one Platinum Team Redemption card was randomly inserted in Score packs at a rate of one in 36. This redemption card and up to four Gold Rush team sets (and $2) could be redeemed for platinum versions of the team set(s). The Gold Rush sets that were sent in would be returned with a stamp indicating they were already used for redemption purposes. The Platinum Upgrade offer was good through 7/13/95 for series 1, 10/1/95 for series 2.

So, it seems the card I have, which has a stamped Pinnacle logo in the bottom right corner, was sent in by a collector for the platinum redemption. They stamp the card (punch goes all the way through, so you can now see through the card) and return it.

I guess?

Anyone know for sure? Maybe I'll post this to the 90's insert thread and see what people have to say.

Anyway, here's the card. Regular Gold Rush on the left, Redeemed on the right. I'm nearly certain the card is identical in every way other than the redemption stamp, but I'll try to check for you.

GoldRush.jpg
95PinnacleRedeemed.jpg

As a note, I hate the way these cards scan.

For good measure, here are the base and platinum versions, as well:
5.jpg
95ScorePlatinumTeam.jpg

One last comment: I hated those blue Rangers uniforms. I much, much preferred the red uniforms. Shockingly, I don't recall them asking for my opinion at the time.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
The actual stamped / perforated versions seemed to be a bit tougher to find than the actual holofoil kind.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
The actual stamped / perforated versions seemed to be a bit tougher to find than the actual holofoil kind.

Well, if you have a really small hole punch and a really steady hand...

1524.gif

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Hey guys, I got a couple hand cut sports collector's digest cards not long ago. I think they're from 1989 and 1990 and have vintage topps designs. If any of you guys need any lmk, preferably by pm.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
I believe this might be my favorite Clark card I own, when I stopped collecting this was the card to have. And now eight years later it's still a great design and card.

2000UDMVPGameUsedSouvenirsGlove2.jpg

I love that one too! I managed to get a nice one... will scan soon.

My latest
scan0001.jpg

and

scan0001.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Nice pick ups, I got my glove card in a lot of about 40 different game used cards of various players for around $20. I would have gladly paid quite a bit more for that card with thread holes in it.

Also if anyone is interested I have a couple of low numbered Clarks up on E-Bay, I need to pay a couple of bills, so off with the high-end stuff, they'll come back around when I have cash in the future.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ajw said:
1989 Topps Gallery of Champions:

1989ToppsGalleryofChampionsBronze.jpg
1989ToppsGalleryofChampionsPewter.jpg
1989ToppsGalleryofChampionsWillClark.jpg

You know... I never liked those and havent been compelled to buy them. I don't really collect any non-card stuff for my players. Just gamer stuff (bats, jerseys, gloves, hats etc) is about as far as I stray from cardboard.

Those do look nice together!

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
ajw said:
1989 Topps Gallery of Champions:

You know... I never liked those and havent been compelled to buy them. I don't really collect any non-card stuff for my players. Just gamer stuff (bats, jerseys, gloves, hats etc) is about as far as I stray from cardboard.

Those do look nice together!

Yeah, I tend to not really collect non-card stuff, either. That said, I do collect non-card issues that look like cards. A couple of others are the Topps folders from 1988-1990.

88ToppsFolder.jpg

89ToppsFolder.jpg

90ToppsFolder.jpg

My understanding is that the 1990 set is significantly tougher than the earlier years.

Here are a couple of interesting 1993 Upper Deck issues. The folder has little plastic slots for you to insert the actual cards.

93UpperDeckFolder.jpg

93UpperDeckNotebook.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
As a kid I collected anything I could get my hands on, from newspaper articles and magazines to shirts, pins and buttons. Now I collect anything that is interesting to me, could be cards or non-card items like these silk cachets.

1991SilkCachetOpeningDay.jpg

1989SilkCachetNLPlayoffs.jpg

Members online