Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow what a horrible sale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
I would have kept this for anything less than $40 just because. That's about half the price of a jumbo pack. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350360959735 Glad I looked at over 100 case breaks before I opened mine, only to have the worst one of any I've seen, still to date. No Harpers, 80% base autos, and no card over $50. Awesome. We're talkin jumbo case as well. Could have cleaned up if kept sealed and resold. Instead I lose $600+ off cost. Learned thy lesson once again.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
Hollywood said:
I would have kept this for anything less than $40 just because. That's about half the price of a jumbo pack. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350360959735 Glad I looked at over 100 case breaks before I opened mine, only to have the worst one of any I've seen, still to date. No Harpers, 80% base autos, and no card over $50. Awesome. We're talkin jumbo case as well. Could have cleaned up if kept sealed and resold. Instead I lose $600+ off cost. Learned thy lesson once again.

I pulled a Cliff Lee Red 1/1 only for it to sell for 11 bucks as well lol

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
lkk116 said:
Hollywood said:

I pulled a Cliff Lee Red 1/1 only for it to sell for 11 bucks as well lol

Says the guy who pulled the Stras Super. I've had one pull over $300 in my life. That's 15 years+ of legit wax busting. I'm done with it. Good thing I buy the right players or I'd have been done with the hobby long ago. Now pulled 2 gold refractor auto's in well over 10 cases worth of bowman/chrome, no orange auto's. One Red Auto which was Sean Watson, sweet. Otherwise 2 Clemens auto's and one Ripken auto 3 best pulls.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
miguelcabrera said:
Hollywood said:
miguelcabrera said:
maybe sell the topps blue 1/1 to cover costs?
Nah, once my Kemp stuff ends, no one will see them for a long time.

even harry? how much did you sell the black 1/1 for or did you pull the auction?

Pulled it. Wasn't gonna sell in a massive slump after proven can be a top 5 player in the league. If there was one I'd let go that'd probably be it though. As for the other question, if you have an addiction to busting wax you are clearly not in the hobby for profit. Unless you have the most amazing luck in the world.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Not trying to tick anyone off by saying this, but Bowman just isn't popular for the MLBers - Topps is.

Hollywood said:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Hollywood said:

If Sabathia's jersey was #1 you could have sold it for 2 grand.

j/k

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
If there was ever a product you could bust early and try to recoop money in the last 5 years I decided this was it. Guess not. Only player wanted to pull something of going in was Harper. Mostly because I feel one of the two Nationals will be a bust, and more than likely the pitcher who needs to have an era under 2 to prove his worth. Plus we share the same BH initials. Wish I wasn't working and forgotten about the Harper Gold 1/50 that ended for $270 or I would've bid a whole lot more.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
mudflap02 said:
Hollywood said:

If Sabathia's jersey was #1 you could have sold it for 2 grand.

j/k

Lol, the Kemp chrome auto 027/500 is probably my favorite card so if someone ever wants it they would have to pay dearly. Not like there has been another Kemp jersey # auto rc listed since 06 or I would own it. The card graded a 9 by the way, with 10 centering. Still have the label from the slab it was busted from. I put a whole lot more stock in a Jersey # auto RC of their only auto rc then I would any random jersey #ed card. Not like such things will happen again this day and age. Where someone has one auto rc and it is chrome and they are a superstar.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Perhaps trying it at a lower BIN/BO would have been advisable. Your original asking price ($199) probably scared folks off. You might have had some luck trying a lower BIN/BO before letting it run via auction.

Bowman Red doesn't seem to resonate with collectors, but some of the other 2010 Bowman Red veterans have gotten decent prices using BIN/BO (Berkman for $80, Happ for $45).

Either way, I've moved away from auction listings to avoid situations just like this. I'd rather keep a true 1/1 of a superstar pitcher in my collection than have to move it for such a cheap price.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
maxpower said:
Perhaps trying it at a lower BIN/BO would have been advisable. Your original asking price ($199) probably scared folks off. You might have had some luck trying a lower BIN/BO before letting it run via auction.

Bowman Red doesn't seem to resonate with collectors, but some of the other 2010 Bowman Red veterans have gotten decent prices using BIN/BO (Berkman for $80, Happ for $45).

Either way, I've moved away from auction listings to avoid situations just like this. I'd rather keep a true 1/1 of a superstar pitcher in my collection than have to move it for such a cheap price.
I was hoping to get around $100 off the BIN/BO but got no bites around that. CC doesn't seem to have the same NY market as other players, even though it's near impossiple to find a nice legit 1/1 of him in a Yankee uniform. I would have been happy with $50 at auction. Really though, $11? I will wipe my butt with that $11. It's a good looking card in person too, oh well I guess. Win some lose some.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hollywood said:

Hi! CC Sabathia collector here. I especially collect those 1/1's, I have about 150 of them. I mean, you know, that's just my Sabathia 1/1's.

I really wanted that red, I was shocked when I got home from that birthday party BBQ and saw that I missed the chance to bid. I could have at least bumped it up 10 bucks or so. I was almost like ::facepalm:: but then I thought about it. It's more important for me to get out into the real wold and enjoy these beautiful summer weekends with my friends and family.

I only bring this up because people always think it's best to end auctions on Sunday night. I don't get it, I'm usually busy all weekend.

It really is a strange and sad situation. The same exact card, except a different 1/1, the worst possible 1/1... the Yellow press plate (yuck)... sold for like $2 more than your nice Red, and ended about 53 minutes after yours. eBay is a crazy place sometimes!

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Not usually too concerned about ending things on a Sunday, just thought this would be a good card for it. Heck I was offered $22 for my Kershaw Magenta plateand didn't take it. Not everyday you pull a 1/1 of one of your favorite players though so i'll prob just keep it. Too bad I didn't know you collected them ahead of time, or I would've just traded it to you for not much. Not a CC fan myself, but can't say I wasn't happy to pull the Red of him instead of some random starter scrub on a bad team.

Members online