Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow what a horrible sale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
ummm if you just wanted to pull some harpers why didnt you sell the case for the 2k that you could of got. then you could of taken back the 900 that you originally spend on the case an then bought 1100 dollars on harper stuff because i also believe he will be legit an strasburg wont live up to the hype.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Cases were about 1300 when I busted, wanted the chance to pull something big as I never have. If not, then pull enough to get a good chunk of money back like everyone else and invest in Harper. I tried to buy the first Harper Red for about $100 less than it sold for. I'd still buy a Harper gold now at inflated prices if I didn't think he'd have an auto coming out later this year. What else will headline BDP? I pulled a Whitson Blue and no other USA/parallel that sells for over $5. At least the other guy who spent less than $250 pulled a Machado Gold Ref and a Castro Blue Ref auto and that is about all the Bowman my guy got that has been opened.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I had the 07 Bowman Sabathia Bowman Red 1/1.

I don't think it got more than $20.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
lkk116 said:
Hollywood said:
I would have kept this for anything less than $40 just because. That's about half the price of a jumbo pack. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350360959735 Glad I looked at over 100 case breaks before I opened mine, only to have the worst one of any I've seen, still to date. No Harpers, 80% base autos, and no card over $50. Awesome. We're talkin jumbo case as well. Could have cleaned up if kept sealed and resold. Instead I lose $600+ off cost. Learned thy lesson once again.

I pulled a Cliff Lee Red 1/1 only for it to sell for 11 bucks as well lol

yeah, everyone is just heartbroken for your loss.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
RL24 said:
Hollywood said:
I would have kept this for anything less than $40 just because. That's about half the price of a jumbo pack. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350360959735 Glad I looked at over 100 case breaks before I opened mine, only to have the worst one of any I've seen, still to date. No Harpers, 80% base autos, and no card over $50. Awesome. We're talkin jumbo case as well. Could have cleaned up if kept sealed and resold. Instead I lose $600+ off cost. Learned thy lesson once again.

Hi! CC Sabathia collector here. I especially collect those 1/1's, I have about 150 of them. I mean, you know, that's just my Sabathia 1/1's.

I really wanted that red, I was shocked when I got home from that birthday party BBQ and saw that I missed the chance to bid. I could have at least bumped it up 10 bucks or so. I was almost like ::facepalm:: but then I thought about it. It's more important for me to get out into the real wold and enjoy these beautiful summer weekends with my friends and family.

I only bring this up because people always think it's best to end auctions on Sunday night. I don't get it, I'm usually busy all weekend.

I always think this about auctions. I think ending stuff on weekends worked better a few years ago, when people couldn't place bids via Blackberries, iPhones, Droids, whatever. These days, people bid at work, during the week. The only time of week I guarantee I'll be able to get to a computer and bid are weekends when I'm out and about with the family. I usually try to end auctions Mon-Thurs, around 4pm (PST). Near the end of the work day when people (theoretically) kill time on the net, but after typical dinner hours back east. Seems to work out OK...

Members online