Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'05 Belle Proof, fake or real proof... Want your take!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autocut

mansgame said:
Anyone know if this is just a fake or hoax to get a Belle collector to bite? This is extremely interesting to me as a Belle collector, even as a proof but wasn't sure if it is just a fake or a real proof. Would love anyone's insight...

EMAIL: 2005 FLEER LAMINATE PROOF CLASSIC CUTS JERSEY ALBERT BELLE

Thanks!

It's legit, but just a cut from a page. Its just a mockup that were never finished or released. These did come from Fleer's bankruptcy, but its not a card. It's actually 2002 Fleer, not 2005.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
autocut said:
mansgame said:
Anyone know if this is just a fake or hoax to get a Belle collector to bite? This is extremely interesting to me as a Belle collector, even as a proof but wasn't sure if it is just a fake or a real proof. Would love anyone's insight...

Thanks!

It's legit, but just a cut from a page. Its just a mockup that were never finished or released. These did come from Fleer's bankruptcy, but its not a card. It's actually 2002 Fleer, not 2005.

The auction says its on card stock...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
autocut said:
mansgame said:
ChasHawk said:
Bunch of different Dawsons listed too...figured they were crap.
Yea I'm scratching this one from my watch list

In that case, I may pick it up :)
Ha it's yours. Pretty cool "proof" but can't come to grips for a magazine paper picture of what a card would of looked like. Not really something I'll lose sleep over not having

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
This is a proof from Fleer, uncirculated and never released directly to the public. Don't miss your chance to bid/buy as it may be the only chance you get at this rare and unique item.

This proof is blank-backed and printed on laminate card stock. The part where the game-used piece would have gone is printed as part of the regular card, in a color block.

Please note that these are indeed proof cards and as such, they aren't always in gem mint condition. Most are in excellent to nm condition.

Please check out my other items for more players from this set. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding.

Are you sure it's a paper cut out?

autocut

matfanofold said:
autocut said:
mansgame said:

Thanks!

It also says its 2005. He listed it with turbo lister and didn't change a few things. I'll email them. I remember the previous stuff was just magazine page, so something not sounding right.

autocut

matfanofold said:
This is a proof from Fleer, uncirculated and never released directly to the public. Don't miss your chance to bid/buy as it may be the only chance you get at this rare and unique item.

This proof is blank-backed and printed on laminate card stock. The part where the game-used piece would have gone is printed as part of the regular card, in a color block.

Please note that these are indeed proof cards and as such, they aren't always in gem mint condition. Most are in excellent to nm condition.

Please check out my other items for more players from this set. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding.

Are you sure it's a paper cut out?

I just sent an email as the ones I bought before were.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
autocut said:
matfanofold said:
autocut said:
mansgame said:

Thanks!

It also says its 2005. He listed it with turbo lister and didn't change a few things. I'll email them. I remember the previous stuff was just magazine page, so something not sounding right.
Yea wrong year, that too. PM me what they kick back to your message. I'm usually not someone that bites at these proofs but I'm guilty for some in the past. This one isn't adding up

autocut

mansgame said:
autocut said:
matfanofold said:
autocut said:
mansgame said:

Thanks!

Yea wrong year, that too. PM me what they kick back to your message. I'm usually not someone that bites at these proofs but I'm guilty for some in the past. This one isn't adding up

i don't mind the unreleased ones, but I'd never buy any of the ones with the blue/red lines on them. It's a cheap print out and most likely someone did it themselves and cut them out (such as this one).

lou_gehrig_names_of_the_game1.jpg

autocut

Response:

"Not regular card stock. But not like the paper ones, either. The reason I put laminate in the title is that it's
actually a laminate/sticker stock, with the backing intact. I think what they did for the final card was actually
peel the whole sheet at once and adhere it to the base card stock. Separately for both the front and back of
the card, and then apply the game-used piece by hand. These proofs are just from that step in the manufacturing
process, where they were just proofing the fronts, before the interior diecuts were even made to have a hole to
place the game-used piece."

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
autocut said:
Response:

"Not regular card stock. But not like the paper ones, either. The reason I put laminate in the title is that it's
actually a laminate/sticker stock, with the backing intact. I think what they did for the final card was actually
peel the whole sheet at once and adhere it to the base card stock. Separately for both the front and back of
the card, and then apply the game-used piece by hand. These proofs are just from that step in the manufacturing
process, where they were just proofing the fronts, before the interior diecuts were even made to have a hole to
Very interesting. I wonder if this guy is just liquidating everything he can for them or what lol. Either way, this is beyond my scope.

autocut

mansgame said:
autocut said:
Response:

Very interesting. I wonder if this guy is just liquidating everything he can for them or what lol. Either way, this is beyond my scope.

It seems that way as he said he has never owned any of these actual cards. He doesn't know what was released and what wasn't.

Members online

Latest posts