Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking more and more like Harper will break camp w Nats....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I took him last in my fantasy drafts last week with just in case he gets called up and performs it is also a keeper league so i will have him next year also.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
232323232fp53378_vq7632_46__234_WSNRCG3648_876325vq0mrj1.jpg

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Physical tool are almost ready from what I hear on some shows, but mental/maturity not quite there. I would think the Nats would take their time with such a talented young man that they have so much invested in. Other than selling tickets, why would rushing him to the bigs help the Nats? It's not like they are a playoff team yet.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
What a bad article, doesn't even mention what car/ truck bryce is driving! Thats what everyone wants to know.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Remember "Dumb and Dumber," when Jim Carrey's character is trying to hook up with some chick? Substitute Harper and the Nationals:

Bryce: What do you think the chances are of a guy like me and a team like you ... ending up breaking camp together?
Mike Rizzo: Well, Bryce, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Bryce: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way to get to spring training, Mike. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mike Rizzo: Not good.
Bryce: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mike Rizzo: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Bryce: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

In terms of his development, and the financial aspect of keeping him in the minors through mid-June, it's a virtual no-brainer. Plus, if the Nats struggle at all under the weight of expectations to start the season, an injection of Harper-mania could do wonders in June.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Todd44 said:
Remember "Dumb and Dumber," when Jim Carrey's character is trying to hook up with some chick? Substitute Harper and the Nationals:

Bryce: What do you think the chances are of a guy like me and a team like you ... ending up breaking camp together?
Bryce: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way to get to spring training, Mike. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
[pause]

In terms of his development, and the financial aspect of keeping him in the minors through mid-June, it's a virtual no-brainer. Plus, if the Nats struggle at all under the weight of expectations to start the season, an injection of Harper-mania could do wonders in June.

I was told that financially he is already on the clock...so it doesn't matter if they bring him up or don't bring him up, his arbitration clock is already ticking, and has been since he signed. That is why he took less money to sign.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Would love to see his RC in Topps Series 2!

He already has rookie cards

Don't go down the uniquebaseballcards troll path, although at this point, you've probably far surpassed him

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Todd44 said:

[pause]

Thanks, never tire of that movie!

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
alexs64 said:
Todd44 said:

[pause]

I was told that financially he is already on the clock...so it doesn't matter if they bring him up or don't bring him up, his arbitration clock is already ticking, and has been since he signed. That is why he took less money to sign.

I don't think this is true.

From a Wash Post article this morning:

The Nationals have insisted only Harper’s preparedness will determine whether he starts 2012 in the majors. But there are also business reasons to justify him starting in the minors. If the Nationals delay his arrival until May, they would guarantee another full year of his service before he becomes eligible for free agency. The Nationals would effectively have to sacrifice a full season of him at 25 for a month of him at 19.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Physical tool are almost ready from what I hear on some shows, but mental/maturity not quite there. I would think the Nats would take their time with such a talented young man that they have so much invested in. Other than selling tickets, why would rushing him to the bigs help the Nats? It's not like they are a playoff team yet.

do you even follow baseball?

PujolsCollector said:
I took him last in my fantasy drafts last week with just in case he gets called up and performs it is also a keeper league so i will have him next year also.

tough league you got there.

The arb. clock argument is pure ******** this day and age. Too many ifs and shoulda, coulda, woulda. All the young stars get locked up early anyhow.
If he plays wells in ST, then he's in plain and simple. The Nats will be competitive with their rotation and lineup.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Jenkinssssss said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:

do you even follow baseball?

PujolsCollector said:

tough league you got there.

The arb. clock argument is pure *censor* this day and age. Too many ifs and shoulda, coulda, woulda. All the young stars get locked up early anyhow.
If he plays wells in ST, then he's in plain and simple. The Nats will be competitive with their rotation and lineup.

I do follow baseball. Why do you ask?

I actually heard broadcasters on XM's Baseball channel 89 agree that Harpers's maturity level was one of the biggest obstacles he had to overcome. I suspect you have a differing opinion thats why you posted. Maybe you would like to share?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
They will ruin him if they rush him like this. He will have all the pressure in the world on him. If he can do it, he's a griffey jr. If not, he's the next J.D. Drew or David Clyde.

Members online

Latest posts