Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
My card budget has been pretty tight but am torn on my next purchase. For about the same price I can pick up about 3 boxes of UD 2009 Signature Stars or a 84 Donruss Factory set. I have always wanted the set and maybe get some of the star cards graded, but wouldnt mind taking a chance at pulling some of the autos in the Signature Stars. The 84 Donruss is being offered on dacardworld as a factory set, but not sure if it would still be sealed or gone through to see if any the major cards would be worth grading. The Signature Star boxes I found on Blowout Cards. Anyone have a preference for one site over another?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Ask to see if set is sealed? If not, I'd go with the boxes as the set could have been gone thru like you mentioned. If that is the case someone could have figured the cards weren't worth grading and trying to unload on someone else. Not saying this is the case, just trying to weigh in with possible scenarios.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
WoundedDuck said:
I voted for buying singles :D
Agreed. Wax is fun, but my advice is to hunt down a good price on a single you really want and buy it for your PC. If you still have the wax bug you can head over to Target or your LCS and buy a couple packs.

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
Thanks everyone. Actually a few offers I had made on some cards on EBAY got accepted so there goes the card budget. I think i will eventually get the 84 Donruss at some point.

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
2010 Bowman AFLAC auto of Robert Stephenson. He was the Reds 1st round pick in 2011. Think i might start collecting him. I have an offer pending on a a few other low-number autos of his as well.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Legion_79 said:
sent them an email and they replied that the set is sealed. Will probably think it over while at work and decide when i get home tonight.

Between the two, I would definitely pick the 1984 Donruss set, and even if I wasn't looking to get any Graded.

BTW, I have a Leaf Stephenson blue /99 available, if you're interested...

Latest posts