Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ah, pt barnum was a brilliant man

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Given the fact that you are basically asking for the most ignorant of ebay sellers when you sell something like this, this most likely will still be a PITA for the seller

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
If you were to sell a used redemption (which I don't think is immoral provided you are upfront and clear), how would you go about doing it? I'm thinking of selling one in the near future, and would appreciate any advice. Or is selling used redemptions too inherently predatory?

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Am I the only one who thinks having the redemption for an "important" card is kinda cool? Not $80 cool, mind you, but I don't get the feeling the seller is trying to pull a fast one.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ghumbs said:
Am I the only one who thinks having the redemption for an "important" card is kinda cool? Not $80 cool, mind you, but I don't get the feeling the seller is trying to pull a fast one.

I think they are. I have an expired one in my Glen Perkins collection. I bought it because it had his name on it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
Ghumbs said:
I think they are. I have an expired one in my Glen Perkins collection. I bought it because it had his name on it.
Ones that are long expired or cards that were never made make a little more sense.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm imagining that some of these buyers are planning on somehow convincing Topps that they pulled a redemption card that they couldn't redeem. Maybe they'll "oh, I tried to scratch off the code and some of the numbers came off", hoping Topps will not catch the remaining code and find it's been redeemed. Or maybe they're planning on reselling them without telling their buyers these have been redeemed (maybe selling them at a show).

If I came across some late 90's expired Glaus or Rolen auto redemptions, I'd buy them no question. Those would be cool pieces to the collection, and there's a chance that the "worthless" expired cards might be harder to find than the redeemed cards.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
reljac said:
Given the fact that you are basically asking for the most ignorant of ebay sellers when you sell something like this, this most likely will still be a PITA for the seller

This is what I don't get. There's probably a 99% chance this gets challenged after-the-fact by the buyer (I guess there's always that chance that someone is actually wanting a redeemed redemption card)...so why put yourself through the hassle?? We see every day that eBay sides with buyers for a multitude of asinine reasons, so how can the seller expect this to go well. Then, at the end of the day, you're out yor seller fees, right? So how is this worth the firestorm he's eventually going to bring down upon himself?

Members online

Latest posts