Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

mlb 12 whos buying it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
got mlb 2k12 last night and it is AWESOME! didnt play long enough so idk if theres any glitches, but they stepped up this year due to this being the last year they have the exclusive license

apparently EA is gonna make a push for it to bring back MVP baseball

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Pre-ordered on Newegg for $48, scheduled to be delivered today. Can't wait to see how the PHYSICS they added affect game play this year.

P.S. I also tried the MLB 2K12 demo. Game play was fluid for the most part, but animations were still choppy and the game didn't seem all that polished (doesn't even sniff the quality of The Show). MLB 2K12 feels like High Heat Baseball 2003 with updated rosters. Thankfully Take 2's exclusive license is expiring and they're not renewing. I'm very happy with The Show, but perhaps Xbox owners will finally get to play a non-****** baseball game for once starting in 2013 :p

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
hawkfandan said:
I should be able to walk into a Gamestop or Best Buy and score a copy today right?

You'll have no problems walking in and getting a copy.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
no problems at all i called up to gamestop to make sure they would have a copy he laughed and said we have 17 copies in stock for ps3 and 15 for the xbox360

but i am thinking about making a trip to walmart/target instead and checking for value boxes maybe pick up value box + game lol

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
jmagic87 said:
no problems at all i called up to gamestop to make sure they would have a copy he laughed and said we have 17 copies in stock for ps3 and 15 for the xbox360

but i am thinking about making a trip to walmart/target instead and checking for value boxes maybe pick up value box + game lol

That would be MLB 2k12, not The Show '12, since The Show is PS3/Vita exclusive. Although The Show should be in-stock everywhere as well today.

Just a tip to anyone willing to wait and buy MLB 2K12 for PS3 (don't know why you'd want to buy that over The Show but...), the 2K games barely sells at all every year since almost everyone with a PS3 buys The Show, so it's usually marked down 2-3 weeks after release by as much as 50% (seen this at Target, Amazon, etc. the last couple years).

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I refuse to buy another baseball game until they can sort out the logistics and get us a proper game in mmo style where each player is a real person. You can select your position/player and create a guy, then try out for a farm team via local hosts, have an annual draft for the big show, awards, ect... The technology is there, but I'm sure I'll be waiting a while...

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
matfanofold said:
I refuse to buy another baseball game until they can sort out the logistics and get us a proper game in mmo style where each player is a real person. You can select your position/player and create a guy, then try out for a farm team via local hosts, have an annual draft for the big show, awards, ect... The technology is there, but I'm sure I'll be waiting a while...

There was something like this a few years back, originally called Ultimate baseball Online (UBO), and later Cal Ripken's Real Baseball after they had Cal sign on to endorse it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Baseball_Online

Unfortunately, the company went belly up shortly thereafter. There is a fan/community driven project to construct a similar game, but I haven't really followed up on that.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
No baseball for me. I have an Xbox 360, and MLB 2K12 doesn't appear to be greatly improved over last year's game. I have not purchased a baseball game since MLB 2K10.

If I had a PS3, I would likely get The Show after finishing Mass Effect 3.

osappy1

Aug 11, 2008
Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
I wasn't too thrilled with the hitting in last season's version. So much so that I basically stopped playing it after about two months. Probably won't be getting it again this year.

I completely agree with you the hitting sucked. Can anyone confirms the hitting is any easier this year.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
The hitting this year is awesome. It's default is back to hitting the x button on exhibition not sure about rtts. The graphics are much more fluid and not as robotic as 2010 and 2011. Pulse pitching is great. The control the swing thing with the left analog stick is awesome. The baseball is Freaking awesome ball off the end of the bat moves toward oppo field and is usually a dribbler. I pitched inside to ike Davis broke his bat however I pitched inside to pujols he hit a double down the line. They forgot to put whitey herzogs numbers on the retired number wall which is stupid. Well worth 65 bucks.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Bought it for the Vita.

I suck. I'm down 7-0 in the second to the Rangers. Josh Johnson is atrocious (might be me, but to be safe I'm blaming JJ)

Derek Holland hit a homer off me. *********

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
The game is much harder to get used to than years past. I changed everything back to "normal" as I hate losing

Members online

Latest posts