Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This made me laugh- horrific Ty Cobb forgery......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
"Scan Looks Brighter & Whiter than Actual Off-White, Aged Card"........hmmmm, because it really is a modern index card. Why not post a picture of the actual off-white, aged card ?? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
the problem with signed 3X5 cards is they are very cheap, and a con and keep trying and trying until he gets one close to good, unlike if the con were signing a pre1960 baseball, photo, or card etc.
with that said this one is not too bad ;), its just too slow, too new looking, plus the fact that its his check signing name is on a fan mail 3X5.............
full name with middle initial was almost always used for checks, not fan mail

1950_Cobb-signature-circa-late-1950s-GENUINE_finished.jpg

25039t.jpg

43980_01_lg.jpg

24458t.jpg

cobb.jpeg

7846_ty_cobb_signed_check.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
fkw said:
the problem with signed 3X5 cards is they are very cheap, and a con and keep trying and trying until he gets one close to good, unlike if the con were signing a pre1960 baseball, photo, or card etc. with that said this one is not too bad ;), its just too slow, too new looking, plus the fact that its his check signing name is on a fan mail 3X5.............
full name with middle initial was almost always used for checks, not fan mail

...great info.....this seller actually had this listed last week and was touting that this was signed in Cobb's typical green ink. I immediately thought it looked like a very bad fake so all attempts at justifying it's authenticity just makes me laugh.

Members online

Latest posts