Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giant mailweek!!! WHITE WHALE in hand, and HUGE shoutouts!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
BEST MAILWEEK EVER!!!!!! :cool:

Just got home and opened my packages and got them all scanned. :D Man that was fun!

First up is a card I got in a couple weeks ago but finally scanned it, my first Bobby Doerr air hole! [Thanks to IndyMann for the heads up, even though he has like 10 Doerr air/button holes.. :twisted: ]...$8 dlvd I believe.

bdoerrprimecutsairhole.jpg
#/49

Now I can see why he likes these so much!!

Next up, BIG shoutout to George Calfas for this Joe Cronin game used from 08 Prime Cuts!! :D

croninprimecutsgu.jpg
#/49

Thanks a ton George, that's an awesome addition to my Cronin PC!!!

Next a huge shoutout to LaneyB for this sick Fred Lynn auto!! :D

fredlynnsweetspotauto.jpg

This looks incredible in person!! Auto is very bold and by golly this is a SWEET looking card. Thanks a ton LaneyB!!

Next up I will post my white whale that I finally speared. As some of you know I am attempting to get a Red Sox vintage card [from their playing days] of the 'Million Dollar' Red Sox outfield consisting of none other than Harry Hooper, Duffy Lewis, and Tris Speaker. I bought the Harry Hooper 1910 E91 American Caramel PSA 2 last year for $165 dlvd and worth every penny [nicest looking card I have EVER seen]. So this year I have been searching a while for a Duffy Lewis...I had seen his T207 sell on Ebay once before for $175 dlvd [SGC 30/2] and missed out on that. So after doing a Google search I found one at Californiasportscards.com [Great service & fast shipping...I emailed the guy asking for a scan and he replied right away with a nice scan, very smooth transaction!]. So I purchased that one because it was in VG condition and had great centering for $180 dlvd, my new most expensive card and was well worth it!

duffylewist207front.jpgduffylewist207back.jpg

SOO nice in person!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is my Hooper:

e91harryhooperfront.jpg

Now keep an eye out for a Tris Speaker [affordable! lol!!] for me. ;) I would LOVE the Speaker E91 or the Speaker T207...I will probably purchase it this summer when I have a job because I really want one of those two! :)

And lastly a GIGANTIC shoutout to my man JEREMY WEIMER :!: New vintage addict is a VERY generous guy. Last week I told him one of my most wanted/needed cards has popped up and that I would probably have my mom buy it for my Bday because I am poor from the Lewis and the only other thing I want is a Callaway 5 wood which I cant wait to use, lol. Anyways I showed him the card and he replies with "Oh looks like the BIN has been hit". So my heart pretty much died because I have wanted this card for like a year and got outbid, didn't have $ at the time, etc. The BIN was a verryy good price too. So like 2 seconds later I get a pm from Weimer saying, I hit the BIN shoot me your addy.

:shock:

I was stunned at that generosity. Incredible gesture, and your generosity will be repaid!! I'll let the scan do the talking:

cronin33goudey189.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

For those that don't know this completes a RC 'rainbow' for me....I know have all 3 of his 33 Goudey RC's [in graded 2 form!]. And they all look incredible next to each other. Thank you SO much Jeremy, you don't know how much this means to me!!! :mrgreen:

The rainbow!

cronin33goudeyrcs.jpg

:D :D

Oh yeah the Killebrew came in but I have to wait for my Bday to open it. :x

Thanks for looking everyone and thank you to everyone who contributed to my collection!! :)

-Scott

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice Pickups Scotty! You have a very nice vintage collection. Always nice landing a card that you have been wanting

Way to go Weimer!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Yowza, quite the week of mail.......very nice additions and some great stories of generosity!!

BTW, the Cronin on the left made me laugh, he looks a little out of it in the pic :lol:

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Scotty- now that's a mail day!! Just incredible pieces. Congrats and good luck with the Speaker, that'll be awesome to see the three together.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
trolea1234 said:
Very nice Pickups Scotty! You have a very nice vintage collection. Always nice landing a card that you have been wanting

Way to go Weimer!
Thanks!! It felt really good to finally land a Duffy Lewis, his cards never show up! Thank goodness for Google. ;) And that was an incredible gesture by Weimer, class act!!

Sweet Pence collection by the way!

IndyMann - Thanks! Those Cronins look amazing together!! :)

chuckbartowski - Not a big fan of vintage?! Oh well I guess I will let it slide because you have one of my favorite modern collections on the boards. ;)
Thanks!

MaineMule - Thanks a ton Scott! Awesome mail week for sure. :D And yes, he does look a bit out of it LOL!

wideright - Dave, thanks a ton bud..appreciate it! I really hope I can land an E91 or a T207 [or a PSA 1 T206]...they don't show up very often but I will be patient! I think jay1065 is my motivation because he has the 3 outfielders and the cards look incredible together!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Wow Scott, that's sooooo awesome! I love the three Cronin's all together, they look amazing!
Congrats on the pickups and one again the boards generosity is sown. Nice job guys!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
gvsu96 said:
Scotty,

Great mail. How are you going to top it? ;)

Josh
Thanks Josh!
Probably the only way I could top it is if I get the 3 most wanted cards in my sig in the same week, and I know that ain't happenin! Besides, the generosity puts this week over the top, incredible members on this board!

thenumberonemetfan - Thank yahs Alex! They are both VERY nice in person. :)

wolfmanalfredo - They sure made my day!....or week, year, yanno. :D

rebelpawn - James, I had a feeling you might like my mailday! :mrgreen: Some extremely generous people on here man!

jarcar - You hit the nail on the head! Opening these pacakges I was thrilled to see all of these 'new' awesome cards for my PC, I had a giant smile on my face and still do...can't stop looking at them!!

Russ S. - Thanks Russ! And I notice you have been hoarding those Oriole Elite 1/1's lately, well done man! ;)

edwards_everything - Heh, if I didn't get another card the rest of the year I would still be pumped! But we all know I would NEVER be able to last that long without a new pickup :lol: :lol:

lvdan - Thanks!! Generosity on this board is incredible :shock:

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Nice Scotty! I remember I had pointed one of the RC's out to you.. Glad you finally got your hands on it! I feel like that we are very similar in our player collections and our vintage style :D way to go man.

zan

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Zan said:
Nice Scotty! I remember I had pointed one of the RC's out to you.. Glad you finally got your hands on it! I feel like that we are very similar in our player collections and our vintage style :D way to go man.

zan
Yep, feels good to finally get all 3 of those RC's! And yes, we are very similar....love the prewar vintage cards with a little modern GU/autos mixed in. :)

Old Kentucky Shark - Thanks Jeff! And I agree...in this instance, you don't need 12 parallels with different #ing and different colored surfaces...you just need three different RC's with 3 different pictures and 3 different bios. :cool:

And because I am a showoff, a 'PlayBall-Bow':

1939doerrpb6front.jpg
doerr40playballfront.jpg
1941pbdoerrfront.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
scotty21690 said:
Zan said:

zan
Yep, feels good to finally get all 3 of those RC's! And yes, we are very similar....love the prewar vintage cards with a little modern GU/autos mixed in. :)

Old Kentucky Shark - Thanks Jeff! And I agree...in this instance, you don't need 12 parallels with different #ing and different colored surfaces...you just need three different RC's with 3 different pictures and 3 different bios. :cool:

And because I am a showoff, a 'PlayBall-Bow':

1939doerrpb6front.jpg
doerr40playballfront.jpg
1941pbdoerrfront.jpg

You thinking about re-grading that 39? I think it may come out as a 7 in SGC or PSA

Members online

Latest posts