Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone hear if prime cuts is delayed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i'm not pinning a lot of hope on this product. based on the sell sheet and the price, i'd rather gamble on something else. here's hoping i'm wrong though.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
the previous prime cuts product (to me) focused a lot on the old timers which made the product hot. The case at the LCS had one of the Dimaggio cut autos and a kick ass triple patch Gil Hodges card that sold way more than we thought it would. This product just doesn't have the look or appeal that I was hoping for.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
George_Calfas said:
[quote="King_Felix_4_CY":2g90k65n]I am torn on this as well. I can get it for $229 pre sell.
If Panini can do anything close to the former PCs these boxes will be $300 in no time.[/quote:2g90k65n]
blowout already raised it from 3750 to 3999 for a case and from 250 to 279? for a box. So does the week wait for online retailers still apply?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
383astro said:
George_Calfas said:
[quote="King_Felix_4_CY":46bmlbfs]I am torn on this as well. I can get it for $229 pre sell.
If Panini can do anything close to the former PCs these boxes will be $300 in no time.
blowout already raised it from 3750 to 3999 for a case and from 250 to 279? for a box. So does the week wait for online retailers still apply?[/quote:46bmlbfs]

The $250 is the min they are allowed to list at. They can raise it to whatever they want, just cant go below $250

and yes the week wait still applies

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
For the person that said all the last prime cuts was a hodges patch I strongly disagree, they had patches of Gehrig, Thorpe, Hodges, Mays, Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, etc etc etc. The last prime cuts was a HUGE hit, and this one seems to have Cobb patches, a Lloyd Waner bat for those that can't get him for their HOF relic collection from triple threads, a Miller Huggins relic, and a lot of other good stuff. I think besides the HOF stuff, this product will be a waste, especially from the previews I've seen. But it also has bat barrels, and cut auto jerseys which the old prime cuts didn't have. I think this product will be sick

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
homerun28aa said:
For the person that said all the last prime cuts was a hodges patch I strongly disagree, they had patches of Gehrig, Thorpe, Hodges, Mays, Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, etc etc etc. The last prime cuts was a HUGE hit, and this one seems to have Cobb patches, a Lloyd Waner bat for those that can't get him for their HOF relic collection from triple threads, a Miller Huggins relic, and a lot of other good stuff. I think besides the HOF stuff, this product will be a waste, especially from the previews I've seen. But it also has bat barrels, and cut auto jerseys which the old prime cuts didn't have. I think this product will be sick

I wish they showed print runs and parrallels on the sell sheet. I sure hope that all the patches are NOT 1/1s

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
383astro said:
homerun28aa said:

I wish they showed print runs and parrallels on the sell sheet. I sure hope that all the patches are NOT 1/1s

That'd be such BS if all patches were 1/1s. The 04 prime cuts Thorpe patches were #/10, the 08 ones were ALL 1/1s. So frustrating trying to pick up one of his baseball patches. Same with Gehrig, maybe the 04 weren't /10 but they weren't all 1/1s, in 08 they were unfortunately. But Jackie Robinson's and Satchel Paige's weren't 1/1s so that was good. The big one in this product, if the sell sheet is legit, is the Cobbs

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
homerun28aa said:
383astro said:
homerun28aa said:

That'd be such BS if all patches were 1/1s. The 04 prime cuts Thorpe patches were #/10, the 08 ones were ALL 1/1s. So frustrating trying to pick up one of his baseball patches. Same with Gehrig, maybe the 04 weren't /10 but they weren't all 1/1s, in 08 they were unfortunately. But Jackie Robinson's and Satchel Paige's weren't 1/1s so that was good. The big one in this product, if the sell sheet is legit, is the Cobbs

I also noticed that the 2011 colossal jerseys arent that colossal, compared to 2008. I cant wait to see some of the legend jumbo jersey/cut auto books. I hope they arent all 1/1s and would be sweet if there was some jumbo patches in there. I know Im dreaming though.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
383astro said:
homerun28aa said:
383astro said:
homerun28aa said:

I also noticed that the 2011 colossal jerseys arent that colossal, compared to 2008. I cant wait to see some of the legend jumbo jersey/cut auto books. I hope they arent all 1/1s and would be sweet if there was some jumbo patches in there. I know Im dreaming though.

I think all the jumbo legend patches will certainly be 1/1s. I see a Duke Snider jumbo patch auto, maybe something like that could be #/5. I'm sure the nice stuff will be really tough to come by, but I think overall the nice stuff will be more sick than the previous Prime Cuts. I just see a lot of crappy boxes though when you don't hit legends. I'm really unhappy with the Tribute this year so maybe the Prime Cuts will be bad too

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
I just said that out of the case at my LCS, the Hodges triple patch was a hot seller more so than the DiMaggio. I agree that the last Prime Cuts had great vintage patches and swatches. I just don't have a good feeling that the new set will be even close.

Members online

Latest posts