Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"new" value boxes....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Went to 3 Wal-Marts yesterday. None had baseball value boxes that we're accustomed to, but all three were fully stocked with similar size boxes called Baseball Value Boxes -- it was a repack with 20 packs of cards inside for $20.

Anyone crack one open?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If you need to scratch the busting itch go for it, but for the most part it is repackaged blaster boxes or random packs left over from searchers. I recently did a basketball one and it had some hobby packs in it, but was mostly leftover retail.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
So the ones that are giving out the bigtime pulls have the Harper card on the front right?

Nothing else?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
These are not from topps. They are from some BS repack company.

They'll show some topps and UD packs through the plastic window. Inside is 13-14 packs of 88 Donruss, 89 topps, etc

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
ChasHawk said:

They'll show some topps and UD packs through the plastic window. Inside is 13-14 packs of 88 Donruss, 89 topps, etc

This! I avoid them like the plague!

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Back in 2004/05 I bought some of these with a pack of 2003 Bowman's Best on the front, and at the time they were priced at $14.99 each. Pulled a Ryan Howard Bowman's Best auto from one (sold the Howard too early though, before the '06 season :( ). I haven't seen any with such high value packs in them ever since though.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cmnkb8 said:
Back in 2004/05 I bought some of these with a pack of 2003 Bowman's Best on the front, and at the time they were priced at $14.99 each. Pulled a Ryan Howard Bowman's Best auto from one (sold the Howard too early though, before the '06 season :( ). I haven't seen any with such high value packs in them ever since though.
That's because there aren't any... :lol:

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
ChasHawk said:
cmnkb8 said:
That's because there aren't any... :lol:

Unfortunately. And I doubt there will be any in the near future, since Topps will likely start making more of their own value boxes with new products.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ChasHawk said:

I never said they were from Topps.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I grabbed one last week just to give me something cheap to break and I don't think I had a pack older than 2006 or 2007. It even had a 2008 Topps rack pack in it. I know its nothing special but hey it was a rack pack for essentially a dollar. I didn't get much from the packs I opened but it was a cheap, fun break

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I used to buy those from K-Mart as well.
There also used to be less retail, or quality retail available, so as someone else mentioned it was the type of thing you'd buy just to scratch an itch.

I did pull some "hits" from them, usually GU'd cards......but if you're buying those you probably should go into it thinking the packs not seen are going to be garbage and you'll get almost all base......if you're cool with that and paying $20 for a variety of packs to open go for it, if not then pass.

andrewnmisty

Jun 10, 2010
Went to Wal Mart last night and they had a few of these...also had a few football versions...
Picked up 2 of the value boxes on the shelf, nothing yet again...
I did find it interesting, as I have never seen this before, but there were 4 sealed 2009 Signature Stars Hobby boxes on the shlef. All were marked $69.98 and had a huge red sticker that said Sold as a whole - Do Not Open.
First time I have ever seen a hobby box in Wal-Mart.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
andrewnmisty said:
Went to Wal Mart last night and they had a few of these...also had a few football versions...
Picked up 2 of the value boxes on the shelf, nothing yet again...
I did find it interesting, as I have never seen this before, but there were 4 sealed 2009 Signature Stars Hobby boxes on the shlef. All were marked $69.98 and had a huge red sticker that said Sold as a whole - Do Not Open.
First time I have ever seen a hobby box in Wal-Mart.

i see hobby occasionally. that price for those is horrible.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
clarkzac said:
I grabbed one last week just to give me something cheap to break and I don't think I had a pack older than 2006 or 2007. It even had a 2008 Topps rack pack in it. I know its nothing special but hey it was a rack pack for essentially a dollar. I didn't get much from the packs I opened but it was a cheap, fun break
It depends on what kind of boxes they are and where you get them.

I used to see the ones you're talking about here, but all the ones we have now are filled with junk wax, with a few newer packs showing in the window.

My Wally also occasionally has horrendously overpriced hobby wax. So does Shopko. None of it is worth the marked price.

Members online

Latest posts