Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Fairfield Company, a division of Excell Brands - Repack JOKERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
OK, wanted to share this break. It went exactly how I expected it. It was one of about 20 "sealed" box sets, packs, etc that i won from a seller I was already getting a program from. This lot upped the S/H a bit, but I landed the entire lot for about $13 PLUS s/h. I think that was around $12, which got my program shipped too ($5ish by itself).

Many of the small sets were ones I never got, Ames, Rite Aid, Hills, etc. It was a fair deal for certain, but this "100 Baseball Card & 1 Pack" repack caught my eye. I was planning to open it regardless if i won the lot and when everything arrived today, I busted it.

I found Excell Marketing on facebook and wrote a review, not that it will help, but it felt good. These are the guys that apparently supply Target, Walmart and others with retail packs, but apparently also do their own repackaging.

If you have not tried it or figured it out, repackaged stuff is almost always a complete bust, especially when it's relatively cheap and doesn't promise anything specific. Like this, the consumer was promised 100 baseball cards and a pack. Enjoy my review, which includes a semi-detailed rundown of what I ended up pulling out. 40 cards were what I considered "keepers", as I have a real tough time tossing anything. Keeper in this case is extremely conservative, including the likes of 1990 Donruss Dan Quisenberry, 1991 Score Kal Daniels (Dodger) and 1991 Topps Roberto Kelly, as there was not a single card in this pack I would have bought as a single

Rating · 2.3 (30 Reviews)​

doesn't recommend Excell Marketing

Gambling addiction is the only reason I can think to offer that a company like this can even survive. Their repack products are loaded with junk nobody wants and the chance at finding a "hit" and a cheap price point is what presumably leads most collectors to take a chance on this junk. Most, if not all, will walk away dissatisfied. I guess one sale and find the next sucker is a good business model.
I opened a box called "100 Baseball Cards & 1 Pack". Now keep in mind, I DIDN'T BUY THIS DIRECT FROM ONE OF THEIR RETAILERS. It was sealed and not tampered with though. No chance I would waste my money, even $5-10 on a ruse like this. It was in a lot of other stuff I bought, basically free. I knew it would be 100% crap, so I opened it just to prove my point.
I got my 100 guaranteed cards and my unopened pack. That is where the positivity ends. You guessed it, mostly 1986-1993 commons. Oldest card was a few 1982 Topps commons. Newest card was 2019 Topps Opening Day. There were 2 "inserts". One was the 2019 Topps OD card, a red foil parallel and I also received a 1993 Flair Wave of the Future common, Darrell Whitmore. The rest (98 cards) were base cards, mostly 87-91 Topps, 1990 Score and 1990 Donruss. Several were beat up or wax/gum stained.
Wait, there were 4 HOF cards though and a Mark McGwire.
1989 Topps Mark McGwire
1989 Topps Turn Back The Clock Hank Aaron
1990 Donruss Harold Baines
1994 Pinnacle Ivan Rodriguez
1997 Donruss Eddie Murray
The sealed pack? 1988 Fleer!
I don't know how much these cost retail, but I figure I maybe got about 50 cents worth of cards that most people would actually consider keeping. 90% of the cards should (and will in this case) go right into the recycle bin.
I did not find the 1:4 "Hit" and I was not expecting to, but I could only imagine what that might have been. Perhaps a 1994 Signature Rookies prospect common autograph that wouldn't even sell for a buck?
PEOPLE, SMARTEN UP AND SAVE YOUR MONEY! Stop allowing a corporation to dump, LITERALLY dump, their junk cards off on consumers at a premium price because uninformed buyers are either risk averse to maybe getting $2 worth of cards on a "hit" pack or actually think that good cards MIGHT make it into these packages.
I realize the expectation should be to get absolutely nothing, but if that is the case, sell these for $1. 100 cards, penny a piece. Maybe every once in a while, someone lands a 50 cent card! You'd still be money ahead. 99% of what I got wouldn't sell in a dusty card shop dime box.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
My wife bought me a small box of cards like that back around 1995 or so. I tried to explain to her that it was a waste of money. I could see it in her face she was hurt. :cry:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I bought one of those last year at Walgreens. As somebody who stopped buying packs 5+ years ago, it was an amusing box to open. They are purely for novelty/nostalgia, no hopes of a return of value on the $6 or $7 they cost. I enjoyed looking through the cards and opening the pack of 1991 Leaf but it's not something I would buy on a regular basis.

Members online

Latest posts