Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jacob Turner shut down due to "dead arm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
How does a pitcher suffer from dead arm so early in Spring Training? Seems more likely to me that he has some other injury. Sorry to the Tigers fans, and to my fantasy baseball league minor league squad

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Geez. That's something you never like to hear even in September when it's understandable for young pitchers to reach their end. You might be right, he could have something else wrong.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
WaxPax said:
Buster Onley Tweet:

"About Jacob Turner's drop in velocity this spring: Talked with executives w/other teams who say their scouts reported this late in '11, too."

Sounds like it could be a trend....

Ruh-Roh. Seems like these scenarios always end on Dr. James Andrews operating table

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Russ S. said:
And the prices come tumbling down!

But you'd have to have balls of steel to sink any significant cash into him at this point

(Or just bought $50 worth of value boxes and will flip them for $4500 and have more money than you know what to do with! Sorry, jealousy reared it's ugly head again)

WaxPax

Keyser Soze said:
[quote="Russ S.":2swe4map]And the prices come tumbling down!

But you'd have to have balls of steel to sink any significant cash into him at this point

(Or just bought $50 worth of value boxes and will flip them for $4500 and have more money than you know what to do with! Sorry, jealousy reared it's ugly head again)[/quote:2swe4map]

Didn't a board member recently pick-up a Red refractor redemption of him .....

mnowosielski

Aug 7, 2008
Ha, yea I did. Talk about something to laugh at. Certainly not the best news, but also sounds like he will still get his chance.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
mnowosielski said:
Ha, yea I did. Talk about something to laugh at. Certainly not the best news, but also sounds like he will still get his chance.

[youtube:2crmcep5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY&feature=related[/youtube:2crmcep5]

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Keyser Soze said:
WaxPax said:
Buster Onley Tweet:

"About Jacob Turner's drop in velocity this spring: Talked with executives w/other teams who say their scouts reported this late in '11, too."

Sounds like it could be a trend....

Ruh-Roh. Seems like these scenarios always end on Dr. James Andrews operating table

They say it's his shoulder not his elbow. Also the Detroit papers are saying he was training too hard prior to spring training trying to make the last spot in the rotation.

Only time will tell though.

Members online

Latest posts