Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees Congratulate the Kentucky Wildcats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Joel Sherman said:
Cashman is quite aware of a bit of quirky history: Kentucky has won the NCAA tournament six times (1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996 and 1998) and the Yankees have gone on to win the World Series in each of those years. So before this tournament began, Cashman sent a text to Calipari, who is a Yankees fan. Cashman reiterated the history to Calipari in pointing out why his rooting interest will be so strong. Calipari texted back, “then I better win.”

Let's keep the streak alive!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
notjomommasclint said:
Are you saying that when UK wins its because the Yankees dress up and play their games for them? That's a bold statement sir!

Nope, it just means that the Yankees win the World Series so much that it just so happens that Kentucky Wins when the Yankees Win.

And I guess that hurts some peoples feelings.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, but Kentucky's titles were never vacated in those seasons. This year...... Just waiting on that one.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
TNP777 said:
topics/posts like this make me loathe the Yankees and their arrogant fans even more

So then the logical thing to do must be to click the topic which says Yankees in the title.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
gt2590 said:
Figures an DB like Calipari would be a Yanks' fan... :lol:

exactly what i said lol. spot on man, i hated the greaseball before i knew he was a yank fan. proves further what a total slimeball he is to root for that pitiful organization with no class and roid heads like aroid. i give it 2.5 years max before this one is vacated kidd g was definitely receiving some benefits to play there. ugly free throw shooter too

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i always wondered what would have happened if CDR and thug rose didnt choke away the 08 title. after that run got voided it would have been a mess for the ncaa if they had won. guess we will see that this time

Members online

Latest posts