Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Piazza's hat on his Hall of Fame plaque

Which hat will Mike Piazza have on his HOF plaque?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

TMP1037.jpg

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
leatherman said:
Mets or Dodgers?

Take this into consideration:

Mets: 972 games, 220 HRs, 655 RBIs
Dodgers: 726 games, 177 HRs, 563 RBIs

Can't deny those facts, but I did anyway. I voted Dodgers. How do those numbers break out by season? What about BA? All-Star games?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
He had his only 2 second place MVP votes with the Dodgers, and an equal number of All Star appearances with both teams. But more post season appearances and a World Series appearance with the Mets pushes me to the Mets for the hat.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Mets - because as a Mets fan I would prefer to see a NY cap. That would also make the first position player for the Mets in the Hall.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
RL24 said:
I have an easy test for this... I close my eyes and picture the player. What hat does he have on?

In this case, it's the Mets.
I can't do this exercise objectively. Piazza will always have a Dodger uni on in my eyes.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
jumbojohnny said:
Mets - because as a Mets fan I would prefer to see a NY cap. That would also make a second position player for the Mets in the Hall.

So far there are only two Mets representing: Tom Seaver & Gary Carter

Carter went in as an Expo.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
jumbojohnny said:
Mets - because as a Mets fan I would prefer to see a NY cap. That would also make a second position player for the Mets in the Hall.

So far there are only two Mets representing: Tom Seaver & Gary Carter

Carter went in as an Expo.

Thank you.

I knew it, I was PMed talking about the Mets had a position player in the hall. They referenced "The Ultimate Mets Database". I have edited my post back to my original comments.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
In some cases the hat discussion is more interesting than if they get in or not. Personally, I think it should just be straight forward. Something like the most games played for a team. Or WS appearances.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
TNP777 said:
RL24 said:
I have an easy test for this... I close my eyes and picture the player. What hat does he have on?

I can't do this exercise objectively. Piazza will always have a Dodger uni on in my eyes.

Despite the numbers, I think of him as a Dodger. I can understand why I am in the minority though.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
When you're a Met,
You're a Met all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Met,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!
You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

Then you are set
With a capital M,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a Met,
You stay a Met!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
marterburn said:
RL24 said:

When I'm picturing him, he's not wearing a hat :p

...ummm, ok, that didn't come out right...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary Carter is a good example of my test failing me, or me failing my test. I picture him with a Mets hat for sure, and was pretty surprised they went with the Expos...

Members online

Latest posts