Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Donruss Crusades Purple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
I don't know how popular these were, but I think they look sharp...

I have this coming on the way:

Scan446.jpg

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
He pitched for the O's? :shock:

Shows you how little I paid attention to baseball when Tigers struggled badly during the 90s and early 00s...

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
At 40 years of age, Mussina had his first 20+ win season (20 wins to be exact) and retired

There can't be too many pitchers that retire after their highest win total season

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
I've always liked Moose. One of the smartest guys on the field. I'd always heard he was a bit of a curmudgeonly sort, though. Not out-and-out mean, just a grumpy guy. :lol: Can anyone confirm?

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Nice card. Congrats!

I went to a Yanks-O's game some time back and was watching batting practice. Someone (don't remember who it was) hit a shot to dead center, and I saw this guy sprinting to the fence to track it down. After sprinting about 40-50 yards, he leapt WAY over the fence and stole the "homerun". Everyone who saw it cheered. I grabbed the binoculars to see who made such a great play. It was Moose. :)

I've always pulled for him since he's a fellow central-PA guy. Good athlete and very good career.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I always liked him, but watching him work was painful. He'd do that full bow on every pitch. I'd get tired and sore just watching him.

BTW, yes, 98 Crusades of any variety are ridiculously popular. Great card.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
gracecollector said:
Going to grade it? Purples are far harder than the reds or greens to get a good grade on.
Bottom right corner looks soft, and looks to be roller marks on the lower left side.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
Russ S. said:
gracecollector said:
Going to grade it? Purples are far harder than the reds or greens to get a good grade on.
Bottom right corner looks soft, and looks to be roller marks on the lower left side.

No roller marks, just the scan I guess...I probably will sell to be honest, I traded for it with that intention...however she is a beauty in person...

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
Always have had a soft spot for everything 1998 Donruss. The Diamond King Set is the first Set that I ever completed, and I bought a TON of packs trying to complete it, so I had quite a few Crusades.

Mussina was just incredible, He pitched one of the greatest playoff performances of all time but nobody talks about it since the O's lost.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 0110.shtml

15 k's in 7 innings, it was just incredible. He had everything going. I was sitting in my dad's season seats which were 10 rows behind the plate, the row in front of the seats that the Indians comp for scouts and celebrities etc. The scouts from the Marlins and the Braves thought it was the most dominating performance they'd ever seen.

Members online

Latest posts