Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well, This is Annoying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
A 1988 Score Samples Larkin finally got listed. I immediately make a generous offer because this card never surfaces. He didn't respond right away, so I checked back 2 hours later. Come to find out he accepted an offer for $10 less than what I offered!! I have had the worst luck with trying to obtain this card - 3rd time I thought I had it and it fell through somehow. You guys ever have any thing like that happen?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Maybe the other guy is someone he has dealt with before and/or have better feedback than you...

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I have 1,300 + Feedback with 100% positive, so I guess someone just beat me to it. I don't think it would annoy me if they had been willing to pay more than me - that is the only thing that sucks about it.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here is what happened. He listed it on open auction. I offered him $35. He then relisted and accepted the offer of $35. I hadn't even realized there was other bidders involved. One other fellow promo collector had made a small bid the first time it was listed, but I thought I was the only one making an offer on the Best Offer listing. I've been putting together the early Scoro promos. Well, they are never listed, so I buy them about once or twice a year, but that's what happened. Sorry Kyle. If I can come up with an extra, I'll gladly move it.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I have no idea on why'd he accept my offer if he had a higher offer, that sounds crazy.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Here is what happened. He listed it on open auction. I offered him $35. He then relisted and accepted the offer of $35. I hadn't even realized there was other bidders involved. One other fellow promo collector had made a small bid the first time it was listed, but I thought I was the only one making an offer on the Best Offer listing. I've been putting together the early Scoro promos. Well, they are never listed, so I buy them about once or twice a year, but that's what happened. Sorry Kyle. If I can come up with an extra, I'll gladly move it.

Well - that makes more sense at least. I had a hard time believing that someone had been that fast! The exact thing happened to me with this card earlier this year, except the seller screwed me. He llisted it as an open auction, I made him an offer, and he relisted it as a BIN with best offer. Then someone else swooped in and he accepted their offer. Please let me know if you come across another one. My offer was $45, so it still stands if you come across anyone with another.

Nice snag on the card!

Members online

Latest posts