Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Tier 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TyCobbSalad

May 26, 2012
Philthadelphia
I am just curious to everyone's thoughts on this product. I may be beating a dead horse but I am new here. I have bought a few boxes of the '11 product and am a big fan. Everything I have seen or read (youtube/blogs) on this product gets blasted for high #'s as well as poor players. Your thoughts? Any excitement for the '12 Tier 1 coming out soon?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Welcome to the boards.

I didn't like the product offering at all. Too many so/so players autos and not enough bang in the product. Topps is trying to test the market to see how to get the high end stuff right. This was one of those tests.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
welcome to fcb!

in regards to last year's tier one, i think people who busted these were so afraid to get pagan'ed (pulling angel pagan's auto. lol) that they dismissed the product altogether. lol

i liked the tier one jumbo patches #/10. that was a great design and some good looking patches. hank aaron in that product was a big plus.

also loved the tier one cut auto. someone pulled a thurman munson and damn, one of the best looking cut cards i've seen

the hof'ers on card auto of koufax, ryan, aaron, musial, rickey was also a big plus but did you notice that you can pick up these guys for a price of 2-3 boxes??

too many duds, too little hits...

from the previews, 2012 tier one is looking great BUT you just never know until a full checklist is out there. i am def. intrigued because of the knobs :D love them knobs!!

make sure you check out the box break section when this releases. i believe there will be a case group break hosted by allincards (andrew). that way, you can see the contents and pulls before you decide to bust a few or not.

dave

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Welcome!

I know that Tier One isn't a "rookie card" product, but I own two 2011 Tier One cards (I only collect first-year cards). There were a few FY autographs last year, so for 2012 I want to see the full checklist.
My initial opinion: Pre-paying $30 per card for the 2012 product, it better be good or it'll get blasted too. LOL

TyCobbSalad

May 26, 2012
Philthadelphia
I guess I can see everyone's point. I pulled some decent stuff so far. Gehrig relic /50, Nolan Ryan auto/60, Beachy auto/999, and Clay Buchholz/399 I believe. I really like the look of base cards even which is always a big part of why I buy what I buy. I also was comparing to a product like Panini Prime Cuts which I recently purchased for $250 and ended up with a bunch of poor looking sticker autos which I pretty much despise for 2.5x the price. I think when '12 drops I am going to call up Blowout and ask if they can specifically send me a box with the 1/1 Cobb barrel, they do that kind of thing, right? Hahahaha.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
2012 Topps Tier One is scheduled for release June 18, 2012. Each pack promises at least one "On The Rise" autographs, a "relic" serial-numbered to 399 copies or less, and either a "Crowd Pleaser" autograph, mutil-player autograph, autographed "Relic," or cut signature in each pack. Every 12-pack case will yield one "Top Tier" autograph.
Based on the checklist and sell sheet provided by Topps, it does not appear that Tier One will have a traditional base set.
[h=1]Distribution[/h] 12 packs per case. Hobby only.
[h=1]Reviews[/h] [h=1]Insertion Ratios[/h]
Cards Total Cards Numbered To Odds
Base?-?
Top Shelf Relics60399one-per-pack
Top Shelf Dual Swatch6099?
Top Shelf Triple Swatch6025?
Prodigious Patches2510?
Bat Knobs100one-of-one?
On The Rise75399one-per-pack
On The Rise White Ink7525?
On The Rise Silver Ink7510?
On The Rise Gold Ink75one-of-one?
Crowd Pleasers75299?
Crowd Pleasers White Ink7525?
Crowd Pleasers Silver Ink7510?
Crowd Pleasers Gold Ink75one-of-one?
Top Tier?991:12
Top Tier White Ink?25?
Top Tier Silver Ink?10?
Top Tier Gold Ink?one-of-one?
Clear Rookie Reprints1025?
Dual Autographs525?
Triple Autographs410?
Cut Signatures25one-of-one?
Autographed Top Shelf Relics2599?
Autographed Top Shelf Dual Patch2525?
Autographed Top Shelf Triple Patch25one-of-one?
Autographed Prodigious Patches1010?

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2012_Topps_Tier_One#Base_Set

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I am just curious to everyone's thoughts on this product. I may be beating a dead horse but I am new here. I have bought a few boxes of the '11 product and am a big fan. Everything I have seen or read (youtube/blogs) on this product gets blasted for high #'s as well as poor players. Your thoughts? Any excitement for the '12 Tier 1 coming out soon?
I really like your avatar!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The checklist makes or breaks this product. It broke it last year, IMO.

Members online

Latest posts