Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sleeper potential - 2012 season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
This should be a fun thread to keep an eye on for football fans and those of you that are fantasy football guru's. I will get it started with some players that I will be keeping an eye on this season. Top 3:

1. Doug Martin - Overtakes Blount to start the season and becomes rookie of the year....or close to it.
2. Christian Ponder - Showed a lot of potential skill last year and has a built O-line this year. I think he does very well this season.
3. Coby Fleener - 6'6 receiver, Jimmy Graham style player with an already familiar QB in Andrew Luck.

Last edited:

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
I was liking Jernigan earlier this offseason but now I could see Cruz staying in the slot and Rueben Randle (keep an eye on him) playing outside.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I like Doug Martin alot, especially his versatality, and I think he'll be a stronger runner than people think...

I know defensive Players have a short Ceiling in the Hobby, but I think Sean Lee's (Dallas LB) ball hawking skills and the overall improved Dallas D will raise his profile to where non-Cowboys fans will want his stuff.

And I like Jacquizz Rodgers (2nd year) from Atlanta alot too. IF Turner gets hurt, or even if gets more touches, I can see him putting up some good numbers in that offense.

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
I like Doug Martin alot, especially his versatality, and I think he'll be a stronger runner than people think...

I know defensive Players have a short Ceiling in the Hobby, but I think Sean Lee's (Dallas LB) ball hawking skills and the overall improved Dallas D will raise his profile to where non-Cowboys fans will want his stuff.

And I like Jacquizz Rodgers (2nd year) from Atlanta alot too. IF Turner gets hurt, or even if gets more touches, I can see him putting up some good numbers in that offense.

I agree with all of these. Denarius Moore for the Raiders could be in for a big year as well.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I was liking Jernigan earlier this offseason but now I could see Cruz staying in the slot and Rueben Randle (keep an eye on him) playing outside.

That is a good point. Randle could very well take over that spot making Jernigan a non factor. I think at this point it is a situation to monitor in pre-season and make the determination from there.

Since GT brought up the good point of defenses, I would also like to add the Seahawks Defense to the mix as a good one this year. They were pretty solid last year and have added some dangerous weapons this year as well as some returning injured players they lost during the year.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I have very high hopes for Greg Childs - not like cracking the Vikes' roster as a WR is a significant achievement, but I really think he could be something special.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I actually am going to be watching how Jacoby Ford looks in Pre-Season. IF he can stay healthy, and in that offense with Palmer still throwing a great deep ball, and with his open field moves on returns, reverses, etc. he could be very Special, IF healthy...

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I actually am going to be watching how Jacoby Ford looks in Pre-Season. IF he can stay healthy, and in that offense with Palmer still throwing a great deep ball, and with his open field moves on returns, reverses, etc. he could be very Special, IF healthy...

I agree with the Ford potential. I had him last year on my radar and was excited about his play until he hurt himself. As long as Palmer can get his stuff together he could be a solid target for him.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Although I still think Christian Ponder has some questions marks, I do agree with that pick. He's been one of my bigger investments this offseason, as I think he's just way underpriced at the moment.

In my opinion, this is the year Brandon Pettigrew will finally start getting the recognition he deserves. He put up good stats last year and I think he'll prove just how valuable he is to that explosive offense.

Obviously, Matt Schaub also has shown he's capable of putting up some big numbers, but I feel like he's among the more underrated players in the NFL still. Coming off his injury, people aren't really talking about him. However, I think the Texans have a fantastic shot this year, as both their schedule and division isn't too difficult. I think Matt Schaub will have a fantastic year.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Lamar Miler - at one point, some analysts were projecting him as a late first rounder, plus Miami is pretty weak and prone to injuries at running back.

Denarius Moore - I love what this kid can do, and think he will establish himself as the Raiders #1 playmaker, well maybe #2 behind McFadden.

Emmanuel Sanders - With Hines Ward gone, I see him stepping up and becoming a reliable guy for the Steelers.

Mikel Leshoure - Assuming he doesn't end up in jail or something since he is a Lion with legal trouble, he should have a nice season as the Lions RB1.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Jon Dwyer.. was a guy I liked last year.

Javon ringer.. if cj can't get it on track.

Dexter mccluster.. it's a must year for him.

I forgot about Ringer; that's a good name to throw out. I think this is one of those "now or never" scenarios, where he has to either break out when he gets the ball or he won't get the chance to be traded to a team who will utilize him since the Titans have their franchise RB.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
2011 Rookies
Denarius Moore - Agree with everyone else on the board.
Torrey Smith - This guy is FAST. Just needs to avoid the drops.
Vincent Brown - The loss of Vincent Jackson should get this guy more balls.
Jordan Todman - A longshot but I could see this guy crack the Vikings roster since the team cut a flunky after a fight.

2012 Draft Picks
Coby Fleener - Maybe not a true sleeper but Luck will be feeding this guy a lot of balls.
T.Y. Hilton - Again, Luck needs a receiver to throw to. This guy bulked up a touch before the draft. He is fast.
Stephen Hill - A raw route runner but he has good hands and feet. Could start right away.
Luke Kuechly - No secret to scouts and he was a 1st round pick but defensive players can easily be overlooked by card collectors. Urlacher potential.
Isaiah Pead - Steven Jackson won't get every carry. I'd argue this guy is second or third best back in the draft.
Brian Quick - Not really a sleeper but a rookie receiver who is likely to put up solid numbers this year. Bradford has to throw to someone.
Ronnie Hillman - The Broncos rarely screw up RB draft selections, Know-show Moreno aside. Mac is an antique. This guy will get carries.
Nick Foles - I liked this guy in college and now he will be on the depth chart behind the oft injured Michael Vick.
David Wilson - This guy is almost assured carried sitting behind Ahmad "Glass Joe" Bradshaw and has stud potential. New York market always a plus. Would be nice if he had some cards out at this point.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
ALOT of Scouts, insiders, etc. liked David Wilson. And he will definitely get a chance to show he deserved the 1st Round pick...

And Stephen Hill will probably be the Classic "Boom or Bust" type player. It should be very interesting to see how he develops.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
2011 Rookies
Denarius Moore - Agree with everyone else on the board.
Torrey Smith - This guy is FAST. Just needs to avoid the drops.
Vincent Brown - The loss of Vincent Jackson should get this guy more balls.
Jordan Todman - A longshot but I could see this guy crack the Vikings roster since the team cut a flunky after a fight.

2012 Draft Picks
Coby Fleener - Maybe not a true sleeper but Luck will be feeding this guy a lot of balls.
T.Y. Hilton - Again, Luck needs a receiver to throw to. This guy bulked up a touch before the draft. He is fast.
Stephen Hill - A raw route runner but he has good hands and feet. Could start right away.
Luke Kuechly - No secret to scouts and he was a 1st round pick but defensive players can easily be overlooked by card collectors. Urlacher potential.
Isaiah Pead - Steven Jackson won't get every carry. I'd argue this guy is second or third best back in the draft.
Brian Quick - Not really a sleeper but a rookie receiver who is likely to put up solid numbers this year. Bradford has to throw to someone.
Ronnie Hillman - The Broncos rarely screw up RB draft selections, Know-show Moreno aside. Mac is an antique. This guy will get carries.
Nick Foles - I liked this guy in college and now he will be on the depth chart behind the oft injured Michael Vick.
David Wilson - This guy is almost assured carried sitting behind Ahmad "Glass Joe" Bradshaw and has stud potential. New York market always a plus. Would be nice if he had some cards out at this point.

I would agree with the Fleener pick. He has everything in his corner including his #1 college QB that he spent his career with. Not to mention he is 6'6. Stephen Hill was one of my prime picks before the draft....after the draft, eh. I agree he will be a boom or bust but I don't like the people throwing to him. I also like Brian Quick and as long as Bradford can get some blocking than he will be the Brandon Lloyd of 2011. Good list overall!

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
Now that I look into it a little more I would like to change my #3 pick to Coby Fleener. He is too identical to Jimmy Graham and has the weapons around him to make a push for top TE.

BBallMan

May 30, 2012
This should be a fun thread to keep an eye on for football fans and those of you that are fantasy football guru's. I will get it started with some players that I will be keeping an eye on this season. Top 3:

1. Doug Martin - Overtakes Blount to start the season and becomes rookie of the year....or close to it.
2. Christian Ponder - Showed a lot of potential skill last year and has a built O-line this year. I think he does very well this season.
3. Coby Fleener - 6'6 receiver, Jimmy Graham style player with an already familiar QB in Andrew Luck.

I would have to go with Jacob Tamme, Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I would have to go with Jacob Tamme, Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle.

I do like the call on Jacob Tamme. I will keep my eye on him. I was a lot more keen on Steven Hill before the draft than I am now...mainly because of who is throwing to him. However, I do think he has some great skill and will be the saving grace for that team this year. I think he will do much better than Holmes.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Andy Dalton- The Bengals upgraded their offensive line, so I believe that he will perform better than last season. Add in that he will have a healthy Jordan Shipley back, as well as other weapons, and I think he exceeds expectations again.

Mohamed Sanu- At some point in time, he will become the Bengals #2 receiver. He'll be similar to TJ Houshmandzadeh except he's bigger and faster. He has excellent hands, runs good routes, and will help draw some coverage away from AJ Green.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis- He is going to be the #1 in Cincinnati. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers he puts up because of an increased workload for the Bengals.

Geno Atkins- The guy is a beast. I think he will do even better than the 8 sacks he had last season. With the DB depth that Cincinnati has, it should give him a couple of extra coverage sacks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts