Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did I get a good deal here? (Patch Card)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This was put on eBay about a week ago, the seller had a 5-day auction starting at $29.99. I know Hodges patches aren't the easiest of patches to find, so curiously I asked him what he would take for it to end the auction early, even though I didn't expect to win it. He told me it was #5/5 and he didn't have a clue what it would go for and I have never seen a Hodges patch end so I didn't know either. He said he'd take $50 and I reluctantly agreed, not knowing if I got a good deal or not, but just so I could finally get a Hodges patch. So this is the card:

Hodges.png

Did I get a good deal on it for $50? It is #5/5

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I think you did about right and if anything save about $20 to $30 bucks. The last recored sale of Hodges I have was for Prime Cuts Triple Patch 3/3 that sold for 139.50 so no matter how you look at it you did great. Nice card :)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's an awesome card, puts mine to shame:

c11993ae-b172-4900-b59b-ed399c56473d.jpg

Mine's just a regular jersey card, although it looks like the same material that's in your patch. I figured it was part of a sweater or a cuff, and it looked different than other versions of the same card on COMC. Must be from a Mets jersey, with the blue/white/orange.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
That's an awesome card, puts mine to shame:

c11993ae-b172-4900-b59b-ed399c56473d.jpg

Mine's just a regular jersey card, although it looks like the same material that's in your patch. I figured it was part of a sweater or a cuff, and it looked different than other versions of the same card on COMC. Must be from a Mets jersey, with the blue/white/orange.

I would say its a cuff of a jacket based on this picture
Gil+Hodges+%2824%29.JPG

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I think you're dead on with the cuff, I know the panini prime cuts patches were jacket patches and this card is also by panini so jacket cuff patches would make sense. Thanks for the comments guys

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
very nice deal, I would love to have that one. The 1/5 is on Ebay with a starting price of 150. It has been on there numerous times with a starting price of 200 then 175 then 165, etc.

Members online

Latest posts