Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tyler Thornburg starting tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Wishing him well for tonight's game. Last few games haven't been exactly stellar and surprised the Brewers are calling him up, but it isn't like they have many other options. Best of luck to Thornburg tonight.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I wouldn't mind as I don't have plans this evening and will likely be in front of the TV. That said, I'll be ticked if its Vargas pitching

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Please don't do it Ron/Doug. Let the guy get some innings at AAA.

My money's on Vargas.

If not, and it IS Thorny, I might have some listing to do (if he makes it worth the time and effort).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's a done deal, according to Rotoworld.

Tyler Thornburg will make his major league debut against the Blue Jays on Tuesday, starting in place of the injured Shawn Marcum.

Thornburg, a third round selection in the 2010 draft, has been terrific through 13 starts at Double-A Huntsville, posing an 8-1 record with a 3.00 ERA and 1.08 WHIP over 75 innings. He also owns an impressive 71/24 K/BB ratio during that span. There is no immediate timetable on Marcum's return, so there's a chance if Thornburg pitches well that he could stick in the rotation for a few starts. Keep an eye on him in deeper mixed and NL-only leagues. Jun 19 - 11:05 AMSource: Bill Michaels on Twitter

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I raised some of my BIN/BO's in anticipation this would happen. Hope he throws a no hitter for the sake of us that have his cards and of course the Brew Crew.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Damn me being at the college world series and missing this of all Brewers games lately, starting him vs the jays offense is a little scary.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure I am for this, but we'll see what happens.

This is me as well. I hope Thorny proves me wrong.

TylerthornburgBowmanFuturespatch3of5.jpg

ThornburgPatch5of5.jpg

ThornburgPatch2of5.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have lots of elite auto's.

here's hoping for a good outing or three.

I actually have more of the blue Elites /100 than I do the base Elites. I was trying to corner the market on them, but 100 is actually quite a lot. I thought the blue would look the best for Brewer fans looking for something; and since the Elites have no logos, I went with a dominant team color.

Latest posts