Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Release Date Announcement - SP Signature Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Just got this email.

We just received an announcement from Upperdeck that they have reached an agreement with the Major League Players Association to release the much-anticipated SP Signature Edition Baseball! The product is now scheduled to release July 3. We have left everyone's prebooks intact in our system so we will be ready to go with this one as soon it arrives to us!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How can they have a product ready to go in a few weeks? Could this be a redemption fest?

Kevin

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
Product has been ready to go for months... I believe they were sued a couple days before release. I am hearing this is a total sticker dump. Possibly all sticker autos.... could be good or bad... haven't seen a single image.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hopefully they have face shots of the players, at least. I don't understand why the companies insist on airbrushed uniforms or blank uniform photo-shoots. Just go with a head shot of the player without a cap, like the old 1961 Topps set. That would look much better, in my opinion.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
This is a 100% sticker product
All they need to do is slap the stickers on & pack these cards out
Should be interesting to see how well they fare on the secondary market (eBay)

They are already packed out and have been sitting in warehouses of distributors for weeks..

I think it is all generic stickers like world of sport.. I would bet Mlbpa threatened a suit and ud held product at bay to figure out course of action.,

Sounds like Mlbpa hit them to a pay a royalty on this.. BG

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Usually, when a movie isn't released to be seen my critics beforehand, it is a very bad sign. I think the same principle likely applies here - if people saw what they were being offered, they probably wouldn't buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts