Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody sign up for FreeShipping.com to get their $25 ebay gift card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I just did it and their is no obligation. They send you $25 ebay gift card in the mail and you can cancel your membership within 30 days so you are not charged the $12.95 monthly fee. Check it out.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I found this on another site:

Gimmick. No earnings during trial period. Cancel during trial period, you get nothing and company keeps affiliate rewards that you had generated.
Review from the web:

FreeShipping.com is a newer program that a lot of bloggers are promoting. As a former eBay seller, I thought the idea of “Free Shipping” sounded pretty good and decided to do a little research –
If you Google search “FreeShipping.com” you’ll likely find close to 2 million results – and if you start reading those results you’ll be persuaded to think that FreeShipping.com is an excellent program. But deeper digging may prove otherwise -
WHAT IS FREESHIPPING.COM?
FreeShipping.com is a company that is like BigCrumbs in a way – they offer “Cash Back” for online purchases you make – BUT, instead of giving you the cash they give you “bonuses” that turn into “free shipping rewards” . The overall idea *seems* as if it may be beneficial to those who do a ton of shipping, but there is a lot of “glitches” in the program that are making FreeShipping.com seem more like FreeScamming.com.
PROBLEM #1 – The membership cost. If you do a Google Search for “FreeShipping.com Scam” you will find numerous reports being made by people that state their credit cards were billed between $79 - $89 “for no reason”. Let me clarify; there is indeed a reason why the credit cards are being billed this amount; it’s the membership fee. FreeShipping.com charges approximately $80 a year to be a member. Many times, like with MyLifeStylePerks.com, you are auto-enrolled into the program through another merchant (with MyLifeStylePerks the most common merchant is Victoria’s Secret). There are many companies that are promoting FreeShipping.com, including some very popular online florists. The florist will ask you when you are making your purchase if you are interested in getting “free shipping”. If you agree to get it you are agreeing to be enrolled in the FreeShipping.com program, which will be billed to your same credit card which you ordered the flowers through.
PROBLEM #2 – “Free Trial Membership”. FreeShipping.com has a big promotion for it’s “free trial membership” which leads you to believe that for 30 days straight you will have full access to 100% of the membership benefits without being charged a penny. The TRUTH is that while you do have “access” to the membership benefits during the 30 day period, you are unable to “qualify” for any rebates. If you do not extend your free 30-day trial to a full membership and pay the yearly membership fee, your shipping costs accumulated during the free trial are invalid for rebates; meaning you can use the program as much as you’d like but unless you pay the $80 you won’t get a penny back!

PROBLEM #3 – FINANCIAL GAIN AT YOUR LOSS. As mentioned above, during the 30 day free trial you will be using the links provided by FreeShipping.com to do your shopping and accumulate your “free shipping bonuses”. Every link provided to you is an affiliate company that FreeShipping.com works with. FreeShiipping.com is able to provide you with “earnings” because each time you use their links to make a purchase the company pays them a percentage of the purchase you make. So lets say during your 30 day “free trial” you place three orders and accumulate $15 in “free shipping bonuses” – at this point FreeShipping.com has made $45 in cash and although you may *think* you have earned $15, you have actually earned $0 since you have not yet extended your membership and paid the $80 membership fee. Now, if you decide to cancel your “free trial” as to avoid the membership fee, FreeShipping.com has walked away with a free $45 in affiliate income and you’re left with nothing. So while you’re attempting to save a few bucks FreeShipping.com is cashing in!

PROBLEM #4 – Redeeming “Rebates”. If you DO decide to stick out the program and pay the $80 membership fee and you DO decide to earn “free shipping” by shopping using FreeShipping.com affiliate links you will eventually earn enough points to get your free shipping rebate. Here comes the hassle –
When you want to redeem you will need to do the following:
a.) Photocopy your original receipt or invoice
b.) Download the rebates form
c.) Print rebate form
d.) Fill out rebate form
e.) Get an envelope
f.) Place all required items in the envelope (be sure to double check and see if any UPC / Barcodes are needed)
g.) Address Envelope
h.) Stamp Envelope
i.) Ship Envelope
j.) Wait for rebate
So requesting a single rebate is going to cost you a minimum of 2 pieces of paper, an envelope, a stamp, ink required to print said materials and about 15 minutes of your time. That may not sound like a lot, but the cost adds up! If you’re spending $2.00 to request a $10 rebate, you’re losing 20% of your earnings right out the gate!
PROBLEM #5 – The amount of “Free Shipping” you can get is not “limitless”. You can only earn a max of $500 per year. Take into consideration that you have to deduct the $80 you spend on you membership, which knocks your total “profit” down to $420.
If you really do a lot of shipping and you want to give FreeShipping.com a try, you can check it out here. However, I would suggest using a program like Mr.Rebates instead. Mr.Rebates allows you to earn cash money for your purchase. You can then spend your cash on shipping costs or whatever you'd like. BigCrumbs is also a great site for Cash Back shopping. I use them both on a regular basis. You can use my search box to find all of my articles about both companies as well as screenshots of my payments.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Well what I am doing is not using it at all. They asked for my address so my ebay gift card will be sent. I will cancel the program in three weeks, risk free if I don't get my gift card. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Members online

Latest posts