Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wooden one touch storage options....aboxfactory, etc. ????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys, looking for some options to better organize my pc, mainly in one touches, for my safe. I'm considering a couple chipwood boxes from aboxfactory.com but would like to find some other options as well. I also need some smaller options for the smaller shelves of the safe as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I got my chipboard box from aboxfactory.com and love it. I keep it full of one-touches and slabs and it's held up over the past 6 months of me handling it pretty regularly. I am a guy that likes to get my cards off the closet shelf and look at the every other day or so and it's held up. It wasn't at rigid or heavy duty as I anticipated but has been up to the task

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'll have to count when I get home. I am estimating 16-20 per tray and it has 4 trays (which are removable, btw).

Only knock I have is that the walls aren't thick enough for a carrying handle. But if the walls were thick enough to support a handle then I'd probably complain that it was too bulky/heavy.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I have a few chipboard boxes from aboxfactory as well.Each tray holds 45 PSA slabs.I have had them for at least 3 years and they are still going strong.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I plan on building boxes soon. I was suppose to start at the end of May but had a couple of setbacks with equipment and supplies. I am going to start making 3 different sizes of boxes each for graded and
one-touch/toploader. Also will more than likely build a couple different sizes for storing cards horizontally. All that will be available at first is Black painted, will be made out of 3/4" pine, and be available with or without locks/handles. I have a CNC router in the works that will allow a lot of customization, but that will not be available for awhile. Not sure how long you can wait, but as of now I am on mandatory overtime so I am limited on what I can do right now. I hope I can get back on this project and start knocking these out fairly soon.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I plan on building boxes soon. I was suppose to start at the end of May but had a couple of setbacks with equipment and supplies. I am going to start making 3 different sizes of boxes each for graded and
one-touch/toploader. Also will more than likely build a couple different sizes for storing cards horizontally. All that will be available at first is Black painted, will be made out of 3/4" pine, and be available with or without locks/handles. I have a CNC router in the works that will allow a lot of customization, but that will not be available for awhile. Not sure how long you can wait, but as of now I am on mandatory overtime so I am limited on what I can do right now. I hope I can get back on this project and start knocking these out fairly soon.

PM me when you start please.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I will defenitely let you all know. In the meantime let me know if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or any do's/dont's to make these the perfect boxes. Thanks
I would wrap styrofoam in a fabric as a liner so that there is a tight fit, the cases wont get scratched, and it looks nicer. Also locks would be nice. Maybe handles on the sides.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I would wrap styrofoam in a fabric as a liner so that there is a tight fit, the cases wont get scratched, and it looks nicer. Also locks would be nice. Maybe handles on the sides.

Good ideas, but Ive also heard the opposite. They said to make the rows slightly larger so the graded card sleeves dont get bunched up on the sides. I do plan on locks and handles as a couple dollar option cause some people dont want them because it looks cleaner without them. Otherwise a regular latch comes standard as of now. Thanks

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Good ideas, but Ive also heard the opposite. They said to make the rows slightly larger so the graded card sleeves dont get bunched up on the sides. I do plan on locks and handles as a couple dollar option cause some people dont want them because it looks cleaner without them. Otherwise a regular latch comes standard as of now. Thanks

I would think as long as the fabric is soft enough it would be fine. Im not sure I dont mess with graded cards because they look tacky imo but one touches I dont think would get scratched if they were in tight with a soft faux fur of some sort

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts