Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A tough dilemma for most of us

Which would you choose?

• MRI at the cost of $750

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
A peer of mine recently had a tough decision to make. He was having some health issues and needed further testing. He was given two options. One, he could have an MRI which was not covered by his health insurance and would cost him $750. Two, he could have a catheter inserted into his pee hole, which is obviously quite invasive and painful. This brought up a great debated discussion at lunch today, one that I felt must be shared with my FCB brothers. As these are tough financial times, $750 is a lot of money to most of us. And in case you are wondering, he went with the MRI and the $750 bill.

So, which would you choose? Oh, one last thing...the MRI did require an IV, so if you have a fear of needles, that may be a factor in your decision as well.

David

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Save the money. The next day you feel normal after having the q-tip shoved where it should never go and you still have $750 in your pocket.

They suck, but not THAT bad.

I'd let a Dr. do it to me again for damn near a G... but I'm a poor college kid. We will do anything for money.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
trevordchi said:
Save the money. The next day you feel normal after having the q-tip shoved where it should never go and you still have $750 in your pocket.

They suck, but not THAT bad.

I'd let a Dr. do it to me again for damn near a G... but I'm a poor college kid. We will do anything for money.

I agree had to have one jammed up my pee hole after they had taken it out from surgery. They said after they took it out if I didn't urinate soon they would have to put it back in while I was awake. So panic set in I tried running water, warm water and nothing. Although it is very discomforting (to say the least) he would have the $750.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I didn't read it correctly. I never had a catheter stuck up there. I had a little q-tip stuck up there to screen for STDs (a must in some college towns) :?

That being said, I don't think I could have handled anything bigger than that tiny q-tip so I may shell out the dough.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
A catheter or an object not much larger (Qtip) is no big intrusion into your prostrate or bladder. The inside of the passage contains no nerve endings (according to my Doctor) so there is only a small discomfort.

I have an enlarged bladder and have self-cathed for over 10 years, three times a day. So, 10 years @3 time daily=10,950 times. One infection when I first started. (Too much information?)

Without more information the alternative test may reveal more about the situation though.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Catheter is a better story.

Plus, feeling the fire shoot out the first leak after getting it out is most definitely a good story.

Oh...is it obvious I speak from experience here?

Members online

Latest posts