Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Beltran, future HOF?

Carlos Beltran, future HOF?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Depends on how he plays the next few seasons

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Highest Stolen base % of all time for anyone with more than 300 steals
3 Gold Gloves
Career WAR of 60.2
Postseason line: .366 AVG 11 HRS 19 RBIS 1.302 OPS in 22 games

If you look at his career, he has very similar numbers to Andre Dawson...

What do you guys think?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Too soon to tell. If he can close in on some milestones, then it's a different story. DEFINITELY one of the more dynamic players of all-time, ie excellent combination of speed, defense and power.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
We should do this for every Carlos in MLB. Lee, Pena, Santana, Marmol, Peguero, Quintin and Zambrano

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
He's played long enough to warrent a thread and the answer is no! To be consider close to Andre Dawson you gotta atleast have Andre Dawson Career Numbers. Beltran will Not even hit 400Hr or get to 2500 hit when its all over. Even though he is producing well this year, injuries are whats going to ultimately end his career. To be fair I do love his Speed and for the most part has made the best of the 2 years his teams have gotten to the post season. I like the Guy but no.

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Lets just start threads about everyone and their chances of making it

These threads are getting ridiculous

Frow

We should do this for every Carlos in MLB. Lee, Pena, Santana, Marmol, Peguero, Quintin and Zambrano

Baerga

Let's try linking a couple of these threads together

Johnny Damon has ~400 more runs, ~700 more hits, ~120 more doubles, ~50 more triples, ~200 more BB, ~40 less SO, .001 higher BA, 13 Series of post season baseball, 2 All Start Game nods
Beltran has less than 100 more HR, ~50 more RBI, 100 more SB, .009 higher OBP, .060 higher SLG, .074higher OPS, 4 series of post season baseball, 7 All Star Game nods

Is Beltran that much more impressive than Damon?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It really seems like the majority of people who respond to these threads aren't using a projected end to a player's career to make their decision. Of course everyone knows that if any of these players being mentioned ended their careers today, they would not be HOFers. The question is always WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, WILL THEY BE HOFERS. If Beltran could get to 400+ homeruns and 400+ stolen bases, he's a HOFer. Only one player in MLB history has accomplished that feat, and that is Barry Bonds.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Hey, whatever happened to our resident Beltran collector?
thenumberonemetfan, i havent seen him on for about a year. Good kid, i know that his dad was getting on his case for getting on this site so who knows. You would think he would have pop'd in every once in a while.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
There seems to be a rash of these "HOF?" threads lately. I can't remember who said it most recently, but it's been said many times: if you have to ask, then the player probably doesn't belong - either now or in the future.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Discussion isn't a bad thing - if Beltran has two or three years more like his 2012 season, then he is probably there.

At this point, Beltran has had a better career than Johnny Damon - though Damon won rings and was probably considered more of a media favorite.

Frow

It really seems like the majority of people who respond to these threads aren't using a projected end to a player's career to make their decision. Of course everyone knows that if any of these players being mentioned ended their careers today, they would not be HOFers. The question is always WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, WILL THEY BE HOFERS. If Beltran could get to 400+ homeruns and 400+ stolen bases, he's a HOFer. Only one player in MLB history has accomplished that feat, and that is Barry Bonds.

Because "projection" is code for pulling numbers out of your hiney. As much as we want to believe that past accomplishment means future achievement it can just as much mean jack. If we add 100-200 Homeruns or stolen bases to most players that would make them pretty good, but more often than not player production drops off in their twilight years and people are awarded for what they have done not what they could have done. Bo Jackson is one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen play, he could of done a lot but he got dinged up and his numbers aren't HOF worthy and no one is going to vote him in because what he could have done.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think Beltran is going to be an interesting case. Surely he is not a 'face of the game player' and I would not consider him a top tier player in production or popularity, but his talent and career totality is going to get measurable consideration. When it's all said and done we could be looking a t a player who has 2500 hits, 400 HR's, 1500 Runs, 1500 RBI, 350 SB's, a .280+ lifetime hitter with multiple AS games, GG's, SS's, and MVP considerations, including a ROY award. This atop of some stellar post season performances and solid defence. Honestly, I do not see him making the cut, not because of his numbers either but because of his popularity, of rather lack there of. I think this will be just another case of just missing the cut off.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I may not comment a lot in them, and I know a lot of people hate these HoF threads, but I personally read and enjoy every one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts