Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions please on changing over my PSA collection to BGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I collect PSA 9 or 10 Bowman Chrome autos. I have about 50+.
I picked up PSA copies because I was able to get a Lincecum, Mauer, King Felix, and Longoria from the same seller, at that time in 2010 they where some of the more expensive chromes. So I then continued picking up new cards, a lot of times they are cheaper than BGS 9.5s and tend to have less available copies adding to the challenge.

My question is if I wanted to change some PSA 9 copies to BGS slabs would they grade a 9 or 9.5? What about PSA 10?
If I decided to sell would it be worth switching over?

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Some examples was really hoping to get some opinions:

510afbb4.jpg

ebb88926.jpg

bb4f4b8f.jpg

20b0b111.jpg

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I'm not sure if it would be worth it. Don't they command similar premiums? Maybe you can try for a pristine with your PSA 10s. It is an expensive proposal.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
PSA 10s should go to BGS 9.5 or 10.

I would crack PSA 9s clean and resub.

I agree. I would also only crack well centered 9s. PSA is a lot more lenient on centering than BGS (PSA: MINT 9: Mint Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.). If the card is a PSA 9, it almost certainly has MINT corners (9 BGS subgrade). If the centering is no better than the BGS 9 criteria (BGS: Mint 9 Centering: 55/45 both ways on front. 70/30 or better on back.), there is no reason to crack and submit to BGS, as two 9 subgrades will get you no higher than a BGS 9.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
depends what your in the hobby for.

if the chrome base cards youve listed become Hall of Fame members, those will most likely be the cards that are added to the PSA Registry.
That alone is a massive win.

Latest posts