Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Johnny Pesky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
RIP #6 a true gentleman........

For those who don't know him, he is a Sox lifer (for the most part) who also was a very good player.

Had 3 consecutive 200 hit seasons to begin his career and in the middle of this run missed 3 season to serve in the military.

Very sad news to hear......

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I JUST hit a homer off the Pesky Pole in MLB The Show.

Damn, RIP

Now I kinda want to go play a game of Madden at Jerry World

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Met Pesky twice in my life. Once at a Bruins game circa 1976/77 (when I was 10) as I happened to sit right next to him. He let me try on his 1975 AL Championship Ring.

Second time in April 2009. He set up a little table outside Fenway where he graciously signed autographs and took photos prior to a game.

April2009FenwayPhoto003.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If you want to read a great baseball book about the bond between Pesky, Ted Williams, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio, I highly recommend this book.
I sent it in the mail to Pesky, Doerr and DiMaggio around 2005 and all three signed the cover for me.
This is just an Amazon scan of the book:

511YATYQT2L.jpg

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
If you want to read a great baseball book about the bond between Pesky, Ted Williams, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio, I highly recommend this book.
I sent it in the mail to Pesky, Doerr and DiMaggio around 2005 and all three signed the cover for me.

511YATYQT2L.jpg

This is a great read!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Just saw this, very sad. :( RIP Mr. Pesky!

I met him once at a card show a while back....class act all the way. He will definitely be missed by Sox fans of young and old...

511YATYQT2L.jpg

LOVE this book!!!

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC

511YATYQT2L.jpg

Very sad news for all baseball fans. RIP Mr. Pesky.

Is Gene Stephens mentioned in this book?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Jeter's quote from today on Pesky: “He was always so nice to me throughout the years. Every time I’d see him, he would come over and say, ‘I hope you get four hits today – and the guy behind you hits into four double plays.’ I’ve always enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to him," Yankees captain Derek Jeter said.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Jeter's quote from today on Pesky: “He was always so nice to me throughout the years. Every time I’d see him, he would come over and say, ‘I hope you get four hits today – and the guy behind you hits into four double plays.’ I’ve always enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to him," Yankees captain Derek Jeter said.
That's great. :lol:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
That's great. :lol:

I agree. The Yankees had a moment of silence for him before their game today. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Yankees have class.

And, FWIW, as a lifelong Red Sox fan, I am not in the love 'em camp - but I tip my cap to them tonight.

Members online

Latest posts