Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is Strasburg's Best RC Autograph?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I haven't followed his RC Autographs close enough to know the best. I typically go after Bowman Chrome Gold Autographs. Is that the one for him? Obviously, I'm referring to ones that are somewhat obtainable - not a Superfractor.

Last edited:

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I haven't followed his RC Autographs close enough to know the best. I typically go after Bowman Chrome Gold Autographs. Is that the one for him? Obviously, I'm referring to ones that are somewhat obtainable - not a Superfractor.

That's a clown question, bro. :) It is whatever you want it to be, as in whatever card you would enjoy owning the most. For some it could be the lowest numbered... for others it might be the best photo (whether close-up or action shot), for someone else it might be the cleanest looking auto. For yet another person it might be the nicest design of the card, or the best-looking border. It is all a matter of opinion... do you want to own one for the joy of owning the card, or do you want to own one that you think will make you the biggest buck if you choose to sell it later? If it is the latter, you are in the hobby for the wrong reasons (unless you are a shop owner/major E-Bay seller).

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
That's a clown question, bro. :) It is whatever you want it to be, as in whatever card you would enjoy owning the most. For some it could be the lowest numbered... for others it might be the best photo (whether close-up or action shot), for someone else it might be the cleanest looking auto. For yet another person it might be the nicest design of the card, or the best-looking border. It is all a matter of opinion... do you want to own one for the joy of owning the card, or do you want to own one that you think will make you the biggest buck if you choose to sell it later? If it is the latter, you are in the hobby for the wrong reasons (unless you are a shop owner/major E-Bay seller).

I have a huge problem with this statement. Who are you to tell somebody what they should or shouldn't be doing with their cards or their hobby? Who cares what his reasons for wanting to know this. Some guys enjoy staring at the same card with no intentions to sell and some guys enjoy the thrill of buying and selling and profiting (or not) off those cards. It's his hobby to do what he wants, not yours to police what he does.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I have a huge problem with this statement. Who are you to tell somebody what they should or shouldn't be doing with their cards or their hobby? Who cares what his reasons for wanting to know this. Some guys enjoy staring at the same card with no intentions to sell and some guys enjoy the thrill of buying and selling and profiting (or not) off those cards. It's his hobby to do what he wants, not yours to police what he does.

Wow. Though I do agree

case-of-the-mondays.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Then why post yourself... aren't you acting like a policeman yourself with this statement?

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Then why post yourself... aren't you acting like a policeman yourself with this statement?

No, I don't think I am. I'm afraid a more in-depth response would lead to redundency so I will just leave it at that. Telling the dude that he's collecting for the wrong reasons would be like me telling you that I think buying topps chrome superfractors is stupid and a waste of money (I don't really think that FYI)

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
you guys are acting like them old farts on Net54, cool, lol ................keep it raw, but keep it real ...... every post is a single persons opinion, disregard the dumb ones and move on... :) ... then post your own ....... its all fun and if lucky you may learn something new, aloha............. PS I know the least of anyone about Strasburgs rookies, except the one, because of the hype, that helped me find this message board a couple years back :)

Last edited:

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL

It is my OPINION. This hobby USED to be for kids. But hardly any kids are involved in it anymore. Why? Video games? Possibly. But the BIGGEST reason kids are no longer involved anymore is that it simply became too expensive to have any of the cool stuff. The drive for $$$ started with the companies and got into us collectors. I still love to rip packs/boxes open. I do sell a lot on E-Bay. Not to make a profit, though. I sell to help offset the amount of money I spend. There are stuff I sold that I would love to have kept, but realized the price would help pay for a lot more of my collecting habits. I know I am part of the problem. WE, as a card collecting community, need to find a way to make this hobby cool and AFFORDABLE for kids again.

With the question of the OP, basically if he wants to buy one to sell for more of a profit later, THAT is what keeps the kids out of the hobby... maybe some 12-year old REALLY wants the card and saved up a month's allowance of $100 to have mom or dad bid that amount on the card for him, and someone just looking to flip it in the long run outbids him for it. THAT is the problem I have with it.

Last edited:

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I'm the OP. The card is simply for my collection. Again, I generally buy the Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Autographs, but for some reason, the Strasburgs don't seem as hot as they typically might be. Thanks for the responses. I'm surprised that there isn't more of a consensus.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I'm the OP. The card is simply for my collection. Again, I generally buy the Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Autographs, but for some reason, the Strasburgs don't seem as hot as they typically might be. Thanks for the responses. I'm surprised that there isn't more of a consensus.

I think you answered your own question. Collect what you like and if that is Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors then so be it.
Strasburg has so many differnt autograph cards(like every other player now) it is hard to pick just one and everyone will have an opinion.
I bought him heavy in 2010 and still have most of them, here is my list of which ones I like the most.

Bowman Chrome Base or Refractor - I PC PSA copies and have a couple BGS copies to :)
Bowman Paper White - I pulled 1! Had three whites and a blue at one time
Topps MCG - Very cool card of his 1st pitch got a good deal on mine and also alot of off-centered copies out there
Triple Threads /99 - One of the few actual "RC" autos he has on card and underrated IMO
Bowman Chrome Draft - Had 2 have 1 now very hard to find centered
Topp T206 - Sweet framed card for much less than Ginter
Topps Chrome Refractor - Wish I would have kept it

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

I don't think there's a consensus because he has so many rookie cards as his BC auto came out in his rookie year. I own a BC refractor auto but it's all preference. I really like the paper auto and the draft chrome auto too.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Death by variety in the 2010 stuff.

I typically like the FIRST auto, so check out his 2008 UD USA stuff too.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts