Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a little dilemma here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
ive recieved a few SWEET patch cards from a few members,i was wondering if it would be wrong for me to maybe trade them off, i really hate to but..........

wadda ya think?? :?:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Honestly, once they are in your possession, they are free for the taking and you should be able to do what you need to. I would think that these people would be happy to know that they helped you get something you truly needed for your collection, even if it meant trading off something someone sent you as a freebie. I would say go for it.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
blanning71 said:
Honestly, once they are in your possession, they are free for the taking and you should be able to do what you need to. I would think that these people would be happy to know that they helped you get something you truly needed for your collection, even if it meant trading off something someone sent you as a freebie. I would say go for it.
I agree with this.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
magicpapa said:
ive recieved a few SWEET patch cards from a few members,i was wondering if it would be wrong for me to maybe trade them off, i really hate to but..........

wadda ya think?? :?:

I have no problem with you trading off..

I have given plenty of members a card and saw them trade it off.. Once I send it to a member, it's theirs to do what they want with it.. Some keep them and some trade up or down..

You have given so much to many of the members, myself included, that I'm sure what you are trading for will be for the better..

Good luck..

Have any Edgars? :D

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
You've garnered enough goodwill on these (and BMB) over the years that you'd get a free pass on just about anything.:p But, to answer the question, I'd not think anything bad or negative of it if they were my cards. Especially if you're using them to get something even more special in return. The original giver(s) would likely be happy that you're putting them to good use.

EDIT: By the time I typed this up, enough people had already said the same thing. So I guess my sentiments are shared by the consensus.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:

Pretty much dead on... Not much else to say.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
blanning71 said:

-1. If you don't want it, send it to me instead! :lol:

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Jakpi20 said:
blanning71 said:

Pretty much dead on... Not much else to say.

I agree with this, Another way to think about it is what would you think if you saw someone doing the same thing with something they gave you. :)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Magic, just the fact that you ask show what the type of respect you have on what people give you. Others would just trade it without asking and with that said if it helps your player collection in anyway then I dont see any problem with you doing that. IM with everyone else.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Go for it, MagicPapa.

People gave them to you to do with as you please. If trading them will benefit you, they are probably excited about it!!

David

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
If you are worried, ask the member.

I always try to mention that anything I give away (especially in contests) the users can do what ever they wish.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
As long as you're not trading them for crack or ******, I say you're ethically okay. ;)

Everyone knows you're an upstanding individual, and I don't think many would question your judgment.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
blanning71 said:

i completely agree

Members online

Latest posts