Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goodbye Carl Crawford contest!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Great trade for the Sox, and for me, since there's two fewer players (Crawford and Gonzalez) that I need to collect. Crawford was such a terrible signing that he would have been overpaid at a quarter of the money he made. it didn't make sense at the time, and the only reason it works now is because he's gone! Hope the Dodgers are ready for some suck!

Anyways, I'm giving away this:

dfbf5865-23fa-4c00-bd67-e82a5dd8d75b.jpg

To whoever makes the best Carl Crawford-related joke here. Might have some Crawford cards to throw in as well, especially if there are a few good ones. Help me forget about the dimes I spent on cheap Crawford cards!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Crawford was a menace stealing bases against the Red Sox.. then he had to come to town and basically steal our wallet. Red Sox committed an ironic felony theft with that deal to the Dodgers though!!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
No Josh Beckett?, No Carl Crawford? - No Problem.

Carl Crawford? - More like Carl CrawTurd.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Ship off Adrian Gonzalez save 100 Million dollars
Ship off Josh Beckett save $30 Million Dollars

Ship off Nick Punto- Why not?

Ship off Carl Crawford : Priceless!

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Crawford had Tommy John surgery so he now has an excuse as to why he can't hit or throw. Now he gets put on DL so they won't have to until spring training.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
The Red Sox originally told the Dodgers they would give them 140M and all their alcohol if the Dodgers took Crawford. That trade was immediately declined after Beckett heard that his beer was going missing and he threatened to actually start giving a XXXX about pitching good. The Dodgers immediately said no because, well, its Carl Crawford. The Sox and Dodgers ended up meeting in the middle.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
The dodgers are going to be giving away a Crawford bobblehead next year it comes complete with a arm fixing kit.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Adrian Gonzalez: "We are taking our talents to Chavez Ravine boys, grab your bags"
Josh Beckett: "Sweet, I've heard they have some good chicken and beer out west!"
Carl Crawford: "Uhh, can someone grab my bags, you guys haven't been calling me the one-arm bandit for nothing (points to arm sling)"
Adrian Gonzalez: "No, Carl, you got it all wrong we've been calling you a bandit for getting the Sox to hand you that 142 million!"

My poor attempt ;)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Am I the only one that, despite his worst season last year, still thinks Crawford can be an elite player? Did we all quickly forget how good he was in Tampa Bay? This is an OF who averaged 175 over 8 seasons with the Rays and averaged well over 30 bases....hmmm...

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Am I the only one that, despite his worst season last year, still thinks Crawford can be an elite player? Did we all quickly forget how good he was in Tampa Bay? This is an OF who averaged 175 over 8 seasons with the Rays and averaged well over 30 bases....hmmm...

I think his best days are behind him, but he can still be a very impactful player. He'll only be a few months away from 32 years old the next time he sees the field, which can only continue to eat away at his most powerful asset: his speed.

Edit: and a lot of the "hate" has to do more with the contract than anything. He's still set to make over 20m a season for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
breaking news Rickey Henderson to sue Carl Crawford for name infringment

MAN OF STEAL..................................
henderson.jpg

carlsteals.jpg

Frow

Did we forget our own post about players who crapped out at age 30....he's there now.

Joke Time

The day after Carl Crawford was traded he was sitting in the hotel room in Los Angeles when a letter was delivered. He was so thrilled to actually get his first fan mail in two years that he eagerly ripped it open and started reading. It was from a young man named Chuck and he could tell by some ink smears that the poor kid had been crying. He wrote to tell Carl how much he loved watching him play for the Red Sox and how he thought he was the greatest thing to happen to them for several year and would miss him. In the letter he even said that he heard about how people were complaining about his huge contract and told Carl he thought he deserved more. As he got to the end of the letter and his heart filled with pride he flipped the page to see the picture of Chuck. It was a picture of a tranny wearing a Yankees cap with his two middle fingers extended. Disgusted Carl tried the throw the letter in the trash but failed and was put on the DL for another 6 weeks.

Ok....lame

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Carl Crawford was on track for a HOF career before he signed with the Red Sox.....I remember when people were talking about how Adrian Beltre was stealing $ from Seattle and now look. Crawford will be back, who would want to play in front of a home crowd that call you racial slurs anyways?

EDIT: This obviously isn't a joke. Just a statement.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
GOODBYE CARL CRAWFORD

Swap the letters around a bit:

Woo…Dodger Carly C…BARF

Ha.
(BTW, I don’t want the card, this just made me chuckle)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Carl Crawford was on track for a HOF career before he signed with the Red Sox.....I remember when people were talking about how Adrian Beltre was stealing $ from Seattle and now look. Crawford will be back, who would want to play in front of a home crowd that call you racial slurs anyways?

EDIT: This obviously isn't a joke. Just a statement.

Crawford was on track to make the Tampa Bay HOF (if they have one), but as far as Cooperstown? No chance. Most similar player to him stats-wise is Shannon Stewart. Lonnie Smith is high up on the list as well, same with Gregg Jefferies and Roberto Kelly.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
When Crawford was originally signed by the Red Sox, the Astros actually tripled the prices of their left field seats (the Crawford boxes) thinking that people would throw money their way. Unfortunately, they had to clean up all the crap that was left and ship it out to Los Angeles to blend in with the smog.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Crawford was on track to make the Tampa Bay HOF (if they have one), but as far as Cooperstown? No chance. Most similar player to him stats-wise is Shannon Stewart. Lonnie Smith is high up on the list as well, same with Gregg Jefferies and Roberto Kelly.

Through 29 the most similar player (and it had been the case for years) was Roberto Clemente, and his top 10 all-time comps included 3 HOF'ers. The odds have decreased tremendously over the last couple of lost seasons, but there was a time when 3000 hits was certainly within the realm of possibility.

Members online

Latest posts