Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Images in Signatures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Hey Guys

We simply have to do something about signatures on this website.

Some of them are just way too long and have images that are way too big. I ask you to please shorten your signatures by not having an image in it larger than 200 pixels tall. The width of the image would need to be below 800 as well just to accomidate people with low resolution settings and small monitors. The goal is to make this a good user experience for everyone, and I appreciate your cooperation.

Signatures will be moderated starting in the next few days.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
yours is 277 pixels tall. It needs to be a bit shorter

yours is
475px by 150px
So the first number I see is the width and the second one is the height. Am I correct on this?
Man some of the peoples signatures are going to be distorted when they re-due them

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Chris,

Since not everyone thinks in DPI, I suggest your limits be 216 H (which is equivalent to 3" at 72DPI), by 792 W. That way, you can tell everyone that sigs need to be 3" Tall by 11" Wide at 72DPI, or 216x792 pixels. Non designers might find the 3"x11" guideline easier to follow. It keeps the height down, which is usually the main annoyance with sigs, and is a manageable width for most screens.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Why do we need the ebay thingee at the top of the screen and after the first post in a thread. Seems like overkill. Am I the only one seeing that?

That's gonna be more annoying than a slightly larger image in a sig.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Thank goodness for Ad Block Pro and StyleBot (to change the background color, and get rid of the floating bar)!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Why do we need the ebay thingee at the top of the screen and after the first post in a thread. Seems like overkill. Am I the only one seeing that?

That's gonna be more annoying than a slightly larger image in a sig.

Because I need to pay my bills.

I love the eBay thing at the top. and I click on a bunch of what is up there. I have even bought about 10 things that way. :lol:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I understand the one at the top.... but the same one after the first post? Cant it be something different?

that is probably not it's permanent home. The goal is to move it to the center of a thread page so that ebay ads are in view most of the time.

Keep in mind that we can't have this place without those ads. I also think we have less ad space than any forum out there that runs ads. Most are cluttered all to hell, this one will never get that way.

Members online

Latest posts