Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Bubba Starling Market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
So, I was cruising around ebay and decided to check out completed auctions for Bubba's chrome autos...

BAM, $935 for a Orange Ref BGS 9.5!

Also, his chrome autos BGS 9.5's are STRONG at $100

What's the facination with Bubba...is it the first name, is it because he's a Royals prospect, is he really that good (even though his K's need to stop!)?

Also, the off-season is coming...don't you think people will shy away and buy in the winter?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Why did you buy him?

First name?

Royals prospect?

If he wasn't that good why would you buy into him?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The way I viewed him, he was the kind of player who you bought the USA Chrome Autos before the draft, sold when there was a big price jump, and then stay far, far away because of the inevitably high price tag for another one of those "sure thing" 5-tool guys. He has a high ceiling, yes, but there's no reason to be paying so much for a high school talent before he proves he can hit pro pitching.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He was a great two sport guy in high school, so he's a good athlete and anyone getting on him hopes he can be the next Mike Trout or at least a reasonable facsimile.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Right, I get that but who's hyping Bubba? I don't see him being mentioned in the same breath as Bundy, Bauer, Profar or any top tier guys...

He was hyped plenty by the media at the beginning of the year, and has put together a respectable first season, which will keep it going.

clownquestionbro

Jul 20, 2012
Bubba Starling will flame out in 3-4 years and go on to become the General Manager of a small market team and hire a fat statistician & begin using advanced statistics to re-define how professional teams evaluate players ... That ... or he's the next Bo Jackson

Members online

Latest posts