Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Cabrera rookie cards. How high can they go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
With the triple crown nearly all locked up with one game left in the season, Miguel Cabrera rookie cards are in high demand. collectors and non collectors are probably flocking to snatch up his rookie cards
2000 Topps Traded Autos are selling for $800+ with BGS and PSA 9 copies selling for $1200+. This is his rookie card to get unlike Pujols or even Trout, who have many rookie autos to choose from. I sold one last night for $825 on a BIN. I paid $375 for it 2 years ago and it was snatched after being on eBay for less than an hour
2000 topps chrome traded rookies are getting $60-75 each, these were selling for $15-20 before the season. The regular traded rookies are getting $35-50 each and these could be had for $8-12 before the season.

So how high can these go? Is $1000 or $1200 for a raw traded auto copy out of reason? How about $150 for a chrome rookie? The amount of press that he will get when he wins the triple crown will be immense and surely non collectors will be buying in the next few days.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This is something we haven't seen during the internet age of baseball cards, so it'll definitely be interesting to follow his prices. Congrats on a nice sale, Cabrera was due for some recognition and a card price jump, I guess people can't ignore him anymore when he's a game away from a Triple Crown!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great sale regardless, but so the "debate" sparks up again as his autographed "rookie card" is an insert and not part of the 2000 Traded "Set"

yea, i know i know, "it doesnt matter", but the Pujols "big dollar" autos are part of sets. What also doesnt matter for the time being anyway
is that the Traded Auto is anything but "rare"

Sell now and buy again in January

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Great sale regardless, but so the "debate" sparks up again as his autographed "rookie card" is an insert and not part of the 2000 Traded "Set"

yea, i know i know, "it doesnt matter", but the Pujols "big dollar" autos are part of sets. What also doesnt matter for the time being anyway

Finest and SP Authentic are inserts and always did fine. You are a purist and there are definitely others like you but most don't care IMO.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If a player has 3 mainstream RCs and 1 is an auto, I'd say it's safe to say that the "insert" argument won't bother many people.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
If a player has 3 mainstream RCs and 1 is an auto, I'd say it's safe to say that the "insert" argument won't bother many people.

• This is why I always thought his rookie cards were undervalued. I know that these will go higher but I like to take guaranteed profit. Plus as another poster pointed out what if Hamilton hits 3 fingers tonite

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
  • This is why I always thought his rookie cards were undervalued. I know that these will go higher but I like to take guaranteed profit. Plus as another poster pointed out what if Hamilton hits 3 fingers tonite

Miggy pays off the A's staff.

4BB for Hamilton

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Assuming he does manage the TC, I could see TT auto's hitting $1000 raw.

His Just Minors autos might see an increase as well.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I picked these two up. I didn't have ANY Cabrera autos.....and I didn't care which ones that I got. Regardless if he is in a Marlins uniform...just wanted the cheapest ones I could get around $20 a piece. I had $13.25 in ebay bucks so here is what I paid for this morning after winning them yesterday which I thought once he hit the HR to go up on Hamilton, he got it. To hit two in Oakland is VERY hard.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200827408363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200827409327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
BGSMIGUELCABRERA1.jpg

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
If I was Hamilton ( and we weren't fighting for the division ) I might be content to try for singles only!:) a triple crown is/will be sweet .

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If I was Hamilton ( and we weren't fighting for the division ) I might be content to try for singles only!:) a triple crown is/will be sweet .

He has said he will not change his approach, which is the way it should be. If Miggy is gonna get the triple crown, it's gotta be because he EARNED it, not because the other guys let him have it.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL

AMEN!!

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I'll let you know when I sell this one (highest offer so far is a little over $1K)...

.jpg

I sold two PSA 10 TT Base cards for $150 each last night...cost me $5/card before grading (back in 2004)...

Members online

Latest posts