Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeper League Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
The feedback I would like are as followed:

1. Do I keep Cuddyer and try and find a trade partner for Andy LaRoche? I'm a Nats fan but I do not trust this guy.
2. Any worries about Gardner going into next year. I need AVG and SB pretty bad, is there anything I need to worry about with this guy?
3. I picked up Zimmermann and kept him all year injured and was rewarded, I drafted Detwiler, had a good season, I'm just worried I'm putting the victory I got with Zimmermann and putting it on Detwiler. Could I keep someone else other than Detwiler or does he have a good shot of improving over this year?
4. Am I giving up on Rasmus too early?

LEAGUE SETUP

Teams: 20
Keeper Slots: 12
Minor League: 25 (Low Minors that cannot be moved until next draft)
League Established: 2008
Positions Exceptions: Position players in OF must be LF/CF/RF qualified in order to fullfill that slot
League Makeup: League is highly competitive, we've only replaced two owners in the last three years. Any player MLB or MiLB worth having is grabbed very early. No low hanging fruit in this league.

KEEPERS

C: Carlos Ruiz
1B: Andy LaRoche
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Hanley Ramirez
LF: Carlos Gonzalez
CF: Brett Gardner
RF: Giancarlo Stanton
DH: Ben Revere
SP: Matt Cain
SP: Jordan Zimmermann
SP: Ross Detwiler

POTENTIAL KEEPERS

1B/RF: Micheal Cuddyer
CF: Colby Rasmus
3B: Chris Johnson
C: Wilson Ramos

MINOR LEAGUE TEAM

Hudson Boyd
Rob Brantly (MLB 2013)
Adrian Cardenas (MLB 2013)
Nick Castellanos
AJ Cole
Tyler Goeddel
Dillon Maples
Chris Marrero (MLB 2013)
Brandon Martin
Jiovanni Mier
Kyle Parker (MLB 2013)
Joe Ross
Gary Sanchez
Miguel Sano
Kyle Skipworth
Jake Skole
Carlos Triunfel
LeVon Washington
Zack Wheeler (MLB 2013)
Chris Withrow

LOW MINORS (CANNOT BE TRADED)

Albert Almora
Luke Bard
Keon Barnum
Daniel Robertson
Maston Melotakis

Last edited:

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I would keep Rasmus over Gardner personally. Gardner's inability to come back from those injuries really worry me, a lot more so than Rasmus... I would also be tempted to keep Ramos over Revere. While that might not be great right now, Ruiz is a good 8-9 years older than Ramos and his numbers really declined the last few months of the season. Plus, while you have at least 3 good catchers on your minor league team, I am not sold yet on how well any of them will hit major league pitching. Cuddyer is also at the point of his career where his numbers will start declining. To compare, here are the details and my keepers for my 1 keeper league:

14-team mixed, highly competitive also... start the usual, plus 1 IF, a 4th OF (all OF positions not position specific), a DH, 4 SP, 2 RP. Each teams gets to keep 9 players plus a 4-man Farm Team. I spent years building this team from an old, past their prime, vacated team I bought into what I have now (was in 1st place wire-to-wire this year and finished second overall due to injuries/shutdowns at the end of the season). Here is my roster going into next season:

1B - Freddie Freeman, Atl
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Ari
3B - Will Middlebrooks, Bos
OF - Matt Kemp, LAD
OF - Giancarlo Stanton, Mia
OF - Mike Trout, LAA
OF - Austin Jackson, Det
SP - Clayton Kershaw, LAD
SP - Stephen Strasburg, Was

Farm Team:
SS/OF - Billy Hamilton, Cin
SS - Javier Baez, ChC
OF - Bubba Starling, KC
SP - Jose Fernandez, Mia

As you can tell, I think I have my keepers set for the next 8 years or so, barring any injuries or major disappointments. The key to becoming successful in a keeper league, to me, is that when you have a choice of a veteran putting up good numbers vs youth putting up decent numbers, always choose to keep the youth if the veteran is 34+. Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts