Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Most Interesting Person You Met at a Baseball Game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
For me personally, I have two.

I met (then former, now current) Twins GM Terry Ryan at a Gopher baseball game. He was a very nice guy. We chatted about baseball for a few minutes.

I knew this guy was going to be at a game. I believe I drove over 4 hours to see him appear. He was doing a paid signing, so I got a political poster signed that he had. It's awesome.

rosco1.jpg

EDIT: When I say "political poster" I mean a re-election poster from the show.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
All of the minor league games I've gone to... and spring training.. can't say I met anyone exciting in the stands. Sat a few seats away from Dallas Green numerous times and Ruben Amaro Jr once...

The way I figured, they were working, and I didn't want to bother them.

John Kruk threw out the 1st pitch at a ST game and walked past me in the aisle. Yay me.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers won.

I don't think I've ever met a single interesting person at a ballgame. Everyone is either clueless, drunk, or knows just enough about the game to think they know everything.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Steven Tyler and Ted Kennedy at a Red Sox/Orioles game at Fenway in 2007. Didn't actually meet them, just saw them in the section next to us.

sfnorton

Aug 9, 2008
Alameda, CA
I was at a Reds game in the '90s and Brett Boone hit a foul ball behind the plate. It landed in the row behind me and I reached back and grabbed the ball and somebody else's hand who was also reaching for it. I got it and looked up and it was Bob Boone's hand. I said "sorry, but you probably already have lots of these". He was not amused.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
I say next to Chris Costes grandparents at a Redhawks game they were really funny. They told me how his whole family was there to get his bobblehead. I gave them one of my extras to give him it.

I also sat a few rows behind Mcnabb at a twins game he was taking picture and signing or people

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
George Foster complimented me on my beard this year at Spring Training... does that count?

Also "met" and chatted with Bob Feller for a little bit while he was signing a photo for me a couple years ago at ST... he had stories for days.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
When I lived in Suprise, AZ I spent a lot of time at the Rangers/Royals Spring Training facility right behind my house. Got to be friendly with many players, but none more than Garth Brooks. Spent over an hour straight one morning hanging out, a half hour here and there each day throughout the week. One of the last days of Spring Training that year, I was walking down to sit down at a game, and there's Garth calling my name to come sit with him (his try-outs ended the previous night). Right away I recognized George Brett next to him. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the three of us sitting together...:D

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I was fortunate enough to get FREE TICKETS to Strasburg's Major League debut against the Pirates with a few of my buddies. Phenomenal atmosphere, and that alone would have been enough to put it in my top five games I've ever been to. But...

Ken Burns was there to promote the update of his Baseball documentary, so we got his autograph. And...

As we were riding on the elevator back up to our seats, Tim Kurkjian got on the elevator. We're all baseball nerds, so we all got excited to see him. One of us said something nerdy like, "Hey Tim, that Strasburg is pretty good, huh?" Timmy was really nice, and responded with something like, "I hope you guys appreciate what you just saw. Strasburg hit 100mph 12 times!" After he got off the elevator, one of my buddies said, "I can't wait to hear him say that exact same thing on Mike & Mike tomorrow morning." And he did.

Phenomenal night that I'll never forget.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
When I lived in Suprise, AZ I spent a lot of time at the Rangers/Royals Spring Training facility right behind my house. Got to be friendly with many players, but none more than Garth Brooks. Spent over an hour straight one morning hanging out, a half hour here and there each day throughout the week. One of the last days of Spring Training that year, I was walking down to sit down at a game, and there's Garth calling my name to come sit with him (his try-outs ended the previous night). Right away I recognized George Brett next to him. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the three of us sitting together...:D

I remember when he was trying to get into professional baseball. I was pretty young, but I was a big fan at the time and I thought that was the greatest thing ever.

Very cool story!

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Believe it or not it was clubhouse attendant for A's Double-A minor league club name Rusty. He would wander in the stands watching and cheering on the team along with his radio. We chatted baseball players past and present, work, and life happenings. He would often mention which player vehicles is parked on his property even few that have gone up to Triple A.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Jaypers won.

I don't think I've ever met a single interesting person at a ballgame. Everyone is either clueless, drunk, or knows just enough about the game to think they know everything.

So which of the three are you?

It reminds me of an old George Carlin joke. Anyone that drives faster than you is an idiot. Anyone that drives slower than you is a moron. Who can get anywhere with all of these idiots and morons everywhere?

Members online

Latest posts