Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Aviles didn't stay in Toronto long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
To Cleveland with Yan Gomes for Esmil Rogers.

Seems a lot to give up for Esmil Rogers, no? I thought he was just a relief pitcher in Cleveland last year.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
What the hell Cleveland? Why do we need another SS? We have Asdrubal, Lindor, Rodriguez a plethora of talent at the minor leagues. Unless Aviles plays LF I don't get why we got him. I like Asdrubal, Kipnis and Chisenhall

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
What the hell Cleveland? Why do we need another SS? We have Asdrubal, Lindor, Rodriguez a plethora of talent at the minor leagues. Unless Aviles plays LF I don't get why we got him. I like Asdrubal, Kipnis and Chisenhall

Seems like a TON for Esmil. Maybe they trade Asdrubal ? Not sure what the mindset now is in Cleveland.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Seems like a TON for Esmil. Maybe they trade Asdrubal ? Not sure what the mindset now is in Cleveland.

Yea I'm not totally unhappy with the trade since we got some quality players for Esmil. He proved he was not a starter and settled into a nice relief role for us nd did a great job. From what I have been reading Aviles will serve as a backup to Asdrubal, Kipnis, or Chisenhall and can play some outfield. The Indians sucked against left handed pitching last year and evidently Aviles will be inserted in the lineup more when a Lefty is pitching.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Poor Aviles...first he loses the last month+ playing time to Iglesias, then gets traded to the Jays for a manager, then traded again to the Indians in which he won't have a starting position for next season. It's too bad because he is a great overall player who is above average defensively and has some pop in his bat. He was one of the few bright spots on the Sox this year...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
He had a .282 OBP last season and only a .381 SLG. He was 18th/19 in WAR for SS's that qualified. He's honestly not that good. Plays his heart our, but he's an average fielding SS at best, and a well below average hitter

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Aviles could find some late career pixie dust and be the next Marco Scutaro.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He had a .282 OBP last season and only a .381 SLG. He was 18th/19 in WAR for SS's that qualified. He's honestly not that good. Plays his heart our, but he's an average fielding SS at best, and a well below average hitter

Dude, he's got some calves though!

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Dang! I guess I won't be buying an Aviles jersey......

Poor guy. Going from a crappy team to a slightly less crappy team. Then before he even has a nameplate he goes to a team worse than where he started...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Dang! I guess I won't be buying an Aviles jersey......

Poor guy. Going from a crappy team to a slightly less crappy team. Then before he even has a nameplate he goes to a team worse than where he started...
I suppose the silver lining is that he will be playing for Francona

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Cabrera has shown signs of being LAZY! I seen games where he didnt run out ground balls and give 100% in the field..When he gives a 100% he is 1 of the best ss in the A.L. And he signed the 2 year extention for 16 million,so the Indians arent going to give him market value when its time. I woundnt have a problem trading him if it meant we would be getting a rh power bat can 20+ hrs and play either 1st/3rd or lf.

Members online

Latest posts