Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Scout Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
One step closer. :)

Mon, December 3, 2012 10:06:15 AM RE: Bowman Scout Contest
To: J.P. Schwartz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J.P.,

Congratulations! You have been selected as a finalist to become the Bowman Scout. As part of the final judging round, we need to set up a 30 minute phone interview. Please let us know the date and time that you prefer for the call.

Thanks,

Bowman team

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow, only 6? Figured there would be more.

Now I'm getting nervous.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Well, I just got off the phone with the Bowman team. Topics they asked me about included:

1) How did I get started with Bowman and prospecting in general.
2) What factors do I take into account most when deciding on whether or not to buy a prospect's cards.
3) Do I weigh stats or potential into account more for prospects.
4) Am I willing to post on social media about prospects at least several times a week during the season (duh).
5) Who am I higher on and why - Machado or Profar. (I chose Machado, more well rounded for me).
6) What do I think of the present state of the White Sox farm system (the interviewer is a Sox fan).

They also told me there was a possibility they may choose more than 2 of the 6 finalists to be Bowman Scouts.

The interview took about 20 minutes. I spilled my guts about anything regarding prospects that I could think of, basically.

Anyway, I should find out by next Friday.

Fingers crossed.

Latest posts