Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone interested in a dud product break?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've held onto several products for quite a while and they didn't turn out like I hoped. I'm kinda sick of looking at them and my wife is bugging me to liquidate stuff. I could just sell them and get what I get, but that's not fun. I've had the urge to just rip it instead. So I was thinking of compromising and doing a break. What I have is:

1 hobby box 1998 Leaf (not R&S)
1 hobby box 1999 Skybox EX Century
2 hobby boxes 2002 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects
2 hobby boxes 2004 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects
6 hobby boxes 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition
1 hobby case (12 bxs) 2006 Bowman Chrome
1 hobby case (12 bxs) 2008 Bowman Chrome

Possibilities of what they contain are intriguing, though there probably are very few real lottery cards in there and with just a box or six odds of a major hit are vanishingly small. They're mainly carried by a couple key but not top tier rookies and color parallels of stars. The 1998 Leaf has Fractal Matrix stuff and the off-chance at a Crusade. The Essential Credentials in Skybox are on the upswing, even if 1998 seems to be the preferred set. 2004 Elite has possible autos of Yadier Molina and some other dudes who have had solid if non-HOF careers (Pedroia, Trumbo, Zobrist, Bailey, Pence) plus the color parallels are popular. The Bowman stuff, well I just picked the wrong series to put away. The 2006 boxes are actually trending up in price. You used to be able to get a case for $500 but boxes are selling closer to $100 each right now. Still only have Upton and Gordon as the best autos but I guess the color parallels are helping it. The first year for the RC logo on Verlander, Hamels and Fielder. 2008 has RC logo autos of Kershaw and Bumgarner and include Votto, Heyward, and Turner, but the DP set is where I should've been with Posey, Scherzer, and Stanton.

If people are interested, would random teams be preferred, or some other split? All together or maybe the Leaf and Skybox as one break and the Bowman+Elite as another? Each case separately? Anyway, I've never run a break before so I'm wondering about logistics and pricing. Plus I don't have an actual web cam but I suppose I can rig up something with my cell phone.

Members online

Latest posts