Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How exactly does sportslots work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
was just curious how this site works they have some base cards I want. how does it all work as far as bidding/ buy it now/ shipping???

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It's all BIN, and the shipping is all from different sellers. The shipping is typically overpriced, with no delivery confirmation, and no recourse if your item isn't shipped. ALmost everything I've ordered that arrived was in a PWE.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I just signed up and bought from there a couple days ago.

The base card prices are good but the shipping is crazy. I bought $3.50 worth of cards and had to spend $7.50 just to have the cards shipped. Then I got a message from a seller that said his listing was a fluke, but neither of us know how to go about getting a refund.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I've had success buying chrome lots off SportsLots but it's been a while since I have ordered from there. I don't do much base-card prospecting but at one time I was a big proponent of it.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I picked up a Hamilton Platinum /25 auto on it once. Transaction was smooth and easy but kinda forgot about it i will check it out today. From my experience I think its pretty similar to the Beckett marketplace or COMC.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I picked up a Hamilton Platinum /25 auto on it once. Transaction was smooth and easy but kinda forgot about it i will check it out today. From my experience I think its pretty similar to the Beckett marketplace or COMC.

Check for quantity discounts and try to buy the majority from one seller to save on shipping. I offer a discounts starting at 10 percent when you buy 10 cards. The discount increases the more you buy. My shipping includes DC and a bubble mailer for less than $2.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Look for good experienced sellers with good feedback. Read the shipping description. I ship all in bubble mailers for less than 2 for a single card and not much more for larger orders - over 100 cards are shipped free.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I do a lot of IP autographs and that's where I go to get most of my singles. Have never had a problem in about 5 years of ordering off there. Like others have said, look for experienced sellers and check out the shipping costs, every sellers is differently priced. Some high, others a good deal. If you can find most of your cards from one seller that helps a lot. You can also search a sellers inventory which can save time. Once you get the hang of it, what sellers ship fast/secure, etc it's a real helpful place for singles.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
A couple things:

1. When you check out, there should be an option for ALL sellers of Budget vs. Premium shipping. The expectation is that Budget will likely be a PWE. Premium is supposed to be in bubble mailers. This should be made clear that budget shipping is generally a PWE and that there really is no recourse of a damaged item as you know what you're getting. Choose Premium if you want the better protection (I personally don't even offer Budget shipping).

2. Shipping costs are normally not too bad if you buy in bulk from a seller

3. Not sure what Jeff's saying about "no recourse for item not arriving." Sportlots does ask that you work with the seller first. If there is then no resolution, you can escalate and chances are will get a refund if they can't prove delivery.

Overall I've bought and sold on Sportlots for a few years now and have had no issues. It's a great place to pick up some cheaper singles. Some higher end stuff can be a bit overpriced, but there is a "make offer" option (if the seller allows you to make offers).

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I picked up 7 cards on my list that were overpriced on ebay & COMC for a total of $9.40
total shipping was more than the cards but its still cheaper than if I would have bought on ebay

only 1 seller shipping was $2.50 but I got 2 cards from him and the other 5 were all under $1 to ship

cards were cheap 3 for .18, 1 for .50, 1 for .75, 1 for .95, & 1 for $1

so far so good

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have always done well with Sportslots. i never sold only bought. Yes they do come in PWE's but always came in fine. When i buy alot of commons I need I always try to buy from one seller to save on shipping.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
I love Sportlots. Currently I'm putting together a big old order to fill in RCs that I need for this year's Spring Training trip. I've used it for years and only had one bad experience--the Cecil Fielder RC I ordered from a seller got bent in half by the postal machines (PWE). I didn't make a big deal about it--79 cents I'll never see again.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
well ran into my first problem already, I bought about 10 cards on there last week and just received a notice saying I was refunded $2 because the seller is missing the card.... awesome

Members online

Latest posts