Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kyle Lohse? ZERO Offers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Quite surprised he has had no deals presented yet. Where will he end up?
I would love to see him back in STL but it wont happen price wise. STL has Lynn and Kelly at much
much cheaper options. I wish him the best he has always done well for us .

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
He should have accepted the qualifying offer. He really screwed himself over especially asking for $60mil/4yrs.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
It's not the actual pick the teams are worried about, it's that the value of that pick is removed from their draft money pool. If they could give up the pick and not have the financial restriction he'd have signed already. What's funny to me is that guys like Anibal Sanchez and Edwin Jackson are being rewarded for not being type A free agents. This part of the new CBA was a big screw up

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
It's not the actual pick the teams are worried about, it's that the value of that pick is removed from their draft money pool. If they could give up the pick and not have the financial restriction he'd have signed already. What's funny to me is that guys like Anibal Sanchez and Edwin Jackson are being rewarded for not being type A free agents. This part of the new CBA was a big screw up

I guess if you are a pitcher going into free agency and you are are getting lit up during a start, you need to ask the manager to let you stay in and give up a few more runs. Gotta jack that ERA up to get the big bucks. :lol:

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Supposedly the Rangers might be interested? I would think they would not mind givinf up the
late first round pick? I assume this will be addressed in the new CBA agreement.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Supposedly the Rangers might be interested? I would think they would not mind giving up the
late first round pick? I assume this will be addressed in the new CBA agreement.
I think the Rangers are getting desperate because they have yet to make a splash this offseason. Wouldn't surprise me at all...

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Would this be against the CBA? Borrow an idea from the NBA and do the old sign and trade. Cardinals sign Lohse to same contract he agrees upon with another team, Cardinals immediately trade him to said team for a very low level minor leaguer.

I had read that this was looked at very closely, and looks like it would violate the CBA. Boras and his team are still looking for work arounds for his clients

Members online

Latest posts