Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a Yay or Nay for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Is this a Yay or Nay in your book?

Curtis Granderson last played for the Tigers in 2009, yet has a 2012 Topps card pictured in Tigers uni:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Curtis-Gran...0878982824?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2ec55206a8

The pro: Its from a jersey he wore with the Tigers
The con: He has been a Yankee since 2010

Do you think Topps got it right by going with a Tigers uni to match the jersey or would you have rather seen him in a Yankees uni, because it is a 2012 product?

Last edited:

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
One of my peeves with uni cards is that the swatch doesn't match the picture. While I can see why some may not agree with this card because it's a 2012 card and he's been a Yank since 2010, I think Topps got it MOSTLY right with the swatch and pic on the card.

I would lean towards Yay

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Nay!

One of my biggest peeves about this hobby is I can not stand it when a card shows a player in a certain teams uniform, yet the card lists him as being with another team! Drives me nuts. It may not pertain to this card but the guy has been a Yankee for a few years now, so it should be a Yankee card IMO.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I support Topps' decision, though the best would be to also list him as a Tiger and include the years he played for them "Detroit Tigers - 20XX - 20XX"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts