Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Priority mail not such a priority anymore?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Last two times I have used it, it's taken at least 5 days.

I shipped said item dec 17, they didn't receive til dec 24. I thought must be Christmas making it run slow. I had an item I purchased on jan 13 shipped priority. Seller shipped on the 14th still haven't got it. I think the regular mail is faster

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I think it's the same thing as regular mail for 13 oz & under. I've never understood why people use it for cards, unless it's to ship something in a box.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Even though the shipper prints out a Priority mail label from PayPal does not mean they even drop it in the box or at the post office the next day. So the scan and tracking are useless. But even 5 days is really not to bad.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Both instances the item was shipped the day in was print. I guess my point was why use priority?

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Might be because of the holidays. I had the same happen with a package around that time. They had a much larger stack of mail when I dropped off some boxes.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Priority definitely seems faster for stuff I send. Only really worth it to use the flat rate options, that's where the real savings are. Otherwise, it's not really worth it for what could end up being 1 day faster. Also had many regular mail take 2-3 days for stuff that's close

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Might be because of the holidays. I had the same happen with a package around that time. They had a much larger stack of mail when I dropped off some boxes.

it's the holidays and the idiots the USPS hires this time of year. 1 priority mail package (ebay winning) took 8 days to get to me.

You'd think in January the USPS would ****-can the idiots but apparently not. Received 2 first class letters last week that took over a week to arrive.

guess I should hold off buying stuff until February when quality of service should return.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Has anyone had situations where the tracking data for a Priority Mail package was not updated in a timely manner? I mailed a package on 1/14 and the tracking data has still not been updated.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Has anyone had situations where the tracking data for a Priority Mail package was not updated in a timely manner? I mailed a package on 1/14 and the tracking data has still not been updated.

I imagine it happens quite often. I frequently receive priority mail packages where the delivery scan is the only scan (or the carrier scans it as delivered and it shows up in my mailbox a day or two later as if the carrier improperly scanned it as delivered but didn't want to make the effort to deliver it that day).

Members online

Latest posts