Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jays sign Mark DeRosa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
He rounds out the 25-man for now. Sounds like they signed him to be a lucky charm. Lol. Any thoughts from those who have seen him play?

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Was terrible, but injured, with the Nats last year. Didn't make playoff roster. Seemed to be a good clubhouse leader though...

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Like James said 5 years ago he was great. I was kind of mad the Cubs traded him but I'm guessing he hasn't been on that level in some time

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think it's a great signing. He can play multiple positions, is a great contact hitter, and will be a big veteran presence in the clubhouse for a team that's supposed to contend for the AL Championship this year.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Oh man. I cant believe this guy keeps getting a job. He was an injured cheerleader for the Giants. I can see him being a good clubhouse guy but he is a waste of a roster space. He will probably be hurt early on, only to return when rosters expand in sept. anyway.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Soooo. The Jays will probably lose Sam Dyson for a "clubhouse" guy? A warm body that can play several positions. Ugh.

Doesn't Mike McCoy fill the "warm body that can play multiple positions" role? Seems the Jays already have internal and imported players who can be "clubhouse guys". Unless DeRosa represents an upgrade offensively over McCoy, which some comments here suggest he may not be.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts