Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Orioles sign Jair Jurrjens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Love the move. This is the sort of move we rode to success last season. If he can be our staffs Nate McLouth or Chris Davis, will be great. At least a place holder for Bundy.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Hey I'm all for it working out. But with how deep we are in the rotation, I just would've rather invested the $1.5 mil in a RH bat.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Great insurance if the O's current rotation goes all 2012 Blue Jays on you.

True. But we do have 10 guys in the mix already - Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman, Matusz, Britton, Arrieta, Johnson, Wada, and Hunter. I guess having an 11th doesn't hurt. I fully expect Matusz or Hunter to go back to the bullpen. Hard to pass up Hunter throwing 100 MPH out of the pen vs 90 MPH cutters AKA meatballs when he's starting::facepalm::

Last edited:

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
He will get eaten alive in that division unless his fastball magically regains the 5 mph it lost the last year or two

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think he's pitching for the Netherlands in the WBC, so we'll see what he looks like there.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I like the move. Mid-rotation guys are getting $12-$15 million per, often over 3-5 years. Jurrjens is an affordable risk who could pay off for the O's. It's a decent deal even if he throws in long relief and eats some innings once or twice a week.

Members online

Latest posts