Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just a friendly heads up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
But be careful with any autographed items from over seas mostly photographs from Japan, China, Taiwan etc. In the last 3 months or so thousands of fake items with fake PSA and JSA stickers have been surfacing. The autographs look decent so the forgeries are not too obvious but there is no doubt they are forgeries. They are either machine signed or they have a pretty talented forger.

They are selling them for like 30-60 with free shipping to move as many as possible before shutting up. Be very careful.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Good read Rob, it's an ugly industry.

And like everyone who knows always says...buy the autograph not the cert.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Good read Rob, it's an ugly industry.

And like everyone who knows always says...buy the autograph not the cert.

I know and its about to get uglier if this is on as large of a scale as I think it is. I am not sure how a easily duplicated sticker gave me a tad bit of security but its obvious they are now being or where reproduced on a large scale some where.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I usually am skeptical of most items that come from overseas, especially Asia.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
those items coming here are gonna circulate thru american sellers. Those fakes are very good\

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I'm curious what you autograph experts think -- is it possible to eliminate all forgeries? Isn't it always possible to get a well-done fake certified? What's the strongest safest option, video footage of the sig?

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Best option is to get autos yourself in person or submit via mail through a paid signing.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
can you link me to an example of the faked PSA or JSA certs? Isn't everything in a database with a unique serial number?

They are cloning serial numbers. Whomever is behind this must have data based a ton of serial #'s and some of these pop up as legit, some say they are not in the system. Next time I see one I will screen capture it. But they look exactly like legit ones, there is no telling the difference at least through a picture. The only tell tale is the signature which are pretty damn good, but seem to all have something about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts