Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Earl WIlliams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Playing for the Atlanta Braves in his first two full seasons, Williams hit 61 home runs — including 33 in 1971, his rookie year — and drove in 174 runs, impressive numbers for a player still in his early 20s. He was only the second catcher, after Johnny Bench in 1968, to win the top rookie honor in the National League. (Four others have won the award since, most recently the Giants’ Buster Posey in 2010.)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That's too bad. I was lucky and got a cut auto of his in a group break of leaf history of baseball

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Playing for the Atlanta Braves in his first two full seasons, Williams hit 61 home runs — including 33 in 1971, his rookie year — and drove in 174 runs, impressive numbers for a player still in his early 20s. He was only the second catcher, after Johnny Bench in 1968, to win the top rookie honor in the National League. (Four others have won the award since, most recently the Giants’ Buster Posey in 2010.)

And how is this guy not in the hall of fame? I don't really remember this guy from the 70's when I was going to about 50 games a year back then.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
And how is this guy not in the hall of fame? I don't really remember this guy from the 70's when I was going to about 50 games a year back then.

Just saw his stats. He really fell of the earth after his first three seasons. He was a monster early on. And then he only ended up being a .247 career hitter. Ron Kittle syndrome I guess.