Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Syd's early SP guesses.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Football card wies, this is always my favorite part of the year. With the release of Panini Contenders, some of the most fun is had all year been trying to find the elusive supershort print autograph. Every year, I try and predict (most of the time horribly inaccurately) who the short prints are. Here is my list so far, feel free to add to it.

Definitely SP: David DeCastro (none listed-two on blowout), Blair Walsh (none listed), Daryl Richardson (I have come across four on eBay and forms, one currently over $100 bidding), Andre Branch (none listed-one on blowout), Lance Dunbar (none listed), Kris Adams (none listed), Damaris Johnson (none listed), Justin Tucker (none listed), Evan Rodriguez (none listed).

Possibly SP: David Wilson variation (head turned), Bobby Wagner (there are two of each version on eBay, have yet to find any on message boards), Mychael Kendricks, and the legendary contenders seem to be very short printed, none have shown up on in the group break and none on eBay.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Also looks like a ton of Branch, including one seller with a lot of two.

I think you're dead-on with Walsh, unless he's going to be in a ton of blasters

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Still no Walsh or Tucker autos on the auction site.

Bad move to make them SSPs IMO. Make it some back-up WRs, TEs that people aren't really looking for yet...

I woulda liked to see Panini make these guys easier to get. Not many cards of them (if any) to start with and for the first time since Vinatieri got hot, people wanna buy a Kicker, and it's an auto and it's a true rookie card?

They would have done very well. But instead you have Joe Public come in to shops or shows looking for them you have owners/dealers try to explain the SP thing and they just "glaze over" and won't be back...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Still no Walsh or Tucker autos on the auction site.

Bad move to make them SSPs IMO. Make it some back-up WRs, TEs that people aren't really looking for yet...

I woulda liked to see Panini make these guys easier to get. Not many cards of them (if any) to start with and for the first time since Vinatieri got hot, people wanna buy a Kicker, and it's an auto and it's a true rookie card?

They would have done very well. But instead you have Joe Public come in to shops or shows looking for them you have owners/dealers try to explain the SP thing and they just "glaze over" and won't be back...

Those two are probably in every blaster. You would figure at least one would have surfaced by now.

Sent from my portable **** viewing device!

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I think Deangelo Peterson in a Rams uni is a pretty rare one too, I have found about 10 autos of him in a redskin jersey for everyone of him in a rams uni

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Holy XXXX, 3 Blair Walsh Contenders autos were just listed. BINS ranging from $250-$499. No way in hell I'll be paying that for a kicker, even if he went to UGA.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
After opening a bunch of cases, I can definitely also say that some of these guys were more than 500 - I'm shocked at because I didn't get any of them.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
After opening a bunch of cases, I can definitely also say that some of these guys were more than 500 - I'm shocked at because I didn't get any of them.

Lisa, do you have an extra Contenders #176 Orson Charles (Bengals) base auto laying around that I can buy from you? I've got all his autos from this set except the base auto (I have the variation) and the 1/1's.

Members online

Latest posts