Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shill bidding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
The first one with 11% and stop 23 cents, the second with 13% and stop with only 66 cents. Really? You want the card bad enough to bid multiple times but stop because of less than a dollar?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20089157632...Can a buyer block a seller? Anybody know how?

Last edited:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, on the first one, and if I'm reading this correctly, all of his bids with that seller (8 of them) are only on one item. He's bid on 31 total items with 67 total bids. So, again if I'm reading this correctly, he has 59 other bids on 30 other items. I find it hard to believe that this is a case of shilling. Additionally, the $21 may have been his max and for some reason, there are people that bid that way. He doesn't know that he's only $.23 away either as all we're seeing is the final ending price and not the high bidders max bid.

On the second one, the guy put three bids in on the listing meaning he put 19 bids in on 9 other items. Apparently $66 was his max and again, he would have no idea what the high bidders max was and/or where to stop.

If these guys bid and then retracted I'd think you were on to something but otherwise, I think it's just jumping the gun. When you look at the %, you also need to look at the number of total bids in the last 30 days and number of items bid on. In regards to bidding, some people just bid differently.

Members online

Latest posts